COVID-19: THE ANNOUNCEMENTS THIS WEEK
- The FFVOILE gathered many stakeholders in ocean racing on Tuesday to prepare for deconfinement, with the priority objective this year the good performance of the Solitaire du Figaro and the Vendée Globe.
- YVES AUVINET, president of SAEM Vendée, announced Tuesday that a decision would be made before June 15 to decide whether or not to finalize the start of the Vendée Globe on the date planned, before adding: “I can’t imagine a Vendée Globe 2020 without start village and without public presence”
- THE M32 EUROPEAN SERIES in Sanremo (22-24 May) and in Amsterdam (12-14 June) have been cancelled.
- THE TROPHÉE MARIE-AGNÈS PÉRON (11th June), the MINI-FASTNET (21st June) and the CALVADOS CUP (7th July) have been cancelled.
- THE RAID ÉMERAUDE, which was due to take place on 27-28th June in Saint-Lunaire has been cancelled.
- THE CELTIKUP OCÉANIQUES (31st July-9th August) will not be taking place. The CNP Lorient has programmed the next edition from 31st July – 8th August 2021.
- THE VOILES DE SAINT-TROPEZ event remains scheduled for 26th September – 10th October. The Société Nautique de Saint-Tropez is looking at a number of options, including racing behind closed doors.
DEPARTURES & NOMINATIONS
- IAIN MURRAY has been appointed Regatta director for the 36th America’s Cup, including the Prada Cup challenger selection series and the America’s Cup World Series in Auckland.
- DAVID GRAHAM, former CEO of Oman Sail, has been appointed World Sailing chief executive officer.
- MARINE DERRIEN has left OC Sport and “remains on the lookout for opportunities in ocean racing, while thinking about a new entrepreneurial project”.
- PLASTIMO is looking for an export salesperson with a permanent job based in Lorient.
- 11TH HOUR RACING is looking for a communications director for the next edition of The Ocean Race; a full-time fixed term contract from June 2020 to August 2022. Candidates should apply before 15th May.
- THE OCEAN RACE is recruiting a sustainability communications manager.
- MARSAUDON COMPOSITES is looking for an experienced research technician who enjoys sailing; permanent contract based in Lorient.
- GREAT CIRCLE is offering two internships, one for front-end developer, the other for a back-end developer, based in Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium).
- LAURE FAŸ (Vu Com’) is now available to work on maritime projects in terms of editorial content with special interest in the question of how to preserve the oceans and CSR matters.
- FRANÇOIS SÉRUZIER, the organiser of the Atlantic Back Cruising Rally, which has had to be cancelled, has put in place a personalised routing and weather service for boats returning to Europe.
ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS
- B&G has joined the Yacht Racing Forum as a sponsor and headline partner for the Design & Technology Symposium.
- KITO DE PAVANT has launched les Griffes du Lion, with times to beat on four courses setting out from Port-Camargue: the Tartine Cup (22 miles) and the Lion’s Run (87 miles), open to all sorts of sailing craft, the Dragonera (250 miles) and the Pyramid Route (1500 miles) for offshore boats.
- CYCLOPS MARINE, a new company, is launching with the unveiling of their first product, smarttune, load sensors for race or cruise.
Photo: Yvan Zedda / Imoca