Departures and nominations, jobs, trainings, service offers, announcements and partnerships, launches… all you have to know about Sailing Market.
[DEPARTURES & NOMINATIONS]
- MIKE HORN, South African explorer, is the godfather of Thomas Coville’s new Sodebo Ultim 3, which will be baptized Sunday, May 19 at Les Sables d’Olonne.
- Britain’s CHRIS BROOKS has been selected to skipper Qingdao in the upcoming Clipper Round World Race, while Scotland’s SEUMAS KELLOCK will run Visit Sanya and South Africa’s NICK LEGATT will take on Zhuhai the third Chinese entry on the round the world amateur race with stops. Englishman IAN WIGGIN will take the helm of Unicef UK.
- YB SAILING is recruiting an on-board electronic and IT manager to work on Yannick Bestaven’s Imoca Maître CoQ, at least three-years of experience required; a permanent position in La Rochelle (France), to be filled immediately.
- MERCONCEPT is looking for experienced composite technicians to complete work on the Imoca Apivia, with the possibility of the contract being extended with the construction of the Ultim Macif; short term contracts starting now in Lorient or Port-la-Forêt (France).
- VIRTUAL REGATTA is looking for a community manager / copywriter, position available immediately, based in Issy-les-Moulineaux (France).
- VPLP are looking for a naval architect / project manager with a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience; this is a permanent position in Paris (France).
- WINDREPORT’ recruits an assistant project manager in sailing sponsorship with skills in content, editorial and social networks; contract is temporary for 6 months from May / June it may be transformed into a CDI, based in Nantes (France) with travel in France and abroad.
- 2 COMPOSITES – carbon appendages and spars – is growing and is looking for 2 composite technicians in Vannes (France) – laminating and finishing, training is given in in their original preg / autoclave processes.
- MULTIPLAST are looking for a project manager who has a research and development oriented profile with good knowledge of composite materials, and a technician in Catia and Autocad, with a good knowledge of implementation in and processes in composite materials; positions are based in Vannes (France).
- OC SPORT offers a 4-month sponsorship and partnerships intern position starting in September, based in Lorient (France).
- FRANÇOIS BOUCHER represents Pauger Carbon Mast in the marketing of carbon masts and rigs individually or in production.
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- SAMANTHA DAVIES is the guest of the 5th episode of INTO THE WIND, the podcast of Tip & Shaft (in French). You can find Into The Wind on all platforms: iTunes, Deezer, Spotify, SoundClound …
- UNICEF UK, a leading partner of the Clipper Round The World Race since 2015, will once again have a boat racing in its colors in the next edition of the race. Since 2015, more than 815,000 euros have been raised on the race for the benefit of Unicef who are offered the boat in the race by the organizers for the third time.
- The GCA GROUP, the leading distributors of Toyota and Lexus in France, are the new title partner of Gilles Lamiré in the Multi50 class until the Route du Rhum 2022. He acquires the former FenêtréA-Mix Buffet of Erwan Le Roux.
Photo : Dmitry Sharomov