Departures and nominations, jobs, trainings, service offers, announcements and partnerships, launches… all you have to know about Sailing Market.
[DEPARTURES & NOMINATIONS]
- BERTRAND PACÉ has joined Jérémie Beyou’s team as trainer for the Figaro and for the Imoca Charal.
- THE OCEAN RACE was awarded another prize at the Yahoo Sports Technology Awards.
- TANGUY LE TURQUAIS will be Luke Berry’s co-skipper on the Class40 Lamotte – Module Création in the 2019 Transat Jacques Vabre.
- DAVY BEAUDART has been chosen by Louis Burton to accompany him on the Imoca Bureau Vallée in the next Transat Jacques Vabre.
- AMBROGIO BECCARIA has been named Sailor of the Year in Italy.
- ALEX THOMSON RACING is looking for a naval architect to join the design team as they look forward to Alex Thomson’s 2020-2021 Vendée Globe campaign. The job is based in Gosport.
- YB SAILING is recruiting an on-board electronic and IT manager to work on Yannick Bestaven’s Imoca Maître CoQ, at least three-years of experience required; a permanent position in La Rochelle (France), to be filled immediately.
- VIRTUAL REGATTA is looking for a community manager / copywriter, position available immediately, based in Issy-les-Moulineaux (France).
- VPLP are looking for a naval architect / project manager with a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience; this is a permanent position in Paris (France).
- WINDREPORT’ recruits an assistant project manager in sailing sponsorship with skills in content, editorial and social networks; contract is temporary for 6 months from May / June it may be transformed into a CDI, based in Nantes (France) with travel in France and abroad.
- 2 COMPOSITES – carbon appendages and spars – is growing and is looking for 2 composite technicians in Vannes (France) – laminating and finishing, training is given in in their original preg / autoclave processes.
- MULTIPLAST are looking for a project manager who has a research and development oriented profile with good knowledge of composite materials, and a technician in Catia and Autocad, with a good knowledge of implementation in and processes in composite materials; positions are based in Vannes (France).
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- SAMANTHA DAVIES is the guest of the 5th episode of INTO THE WIND, the podcast of Tip & Shaft (in French). You can find Into The Wind on all platforms: iTunes, Deezer, Spotify, SoundClound …
- WORLD SAILING gave some more details this week about the selection of equipment for the 2024 Paris Olympics: for windsurfing after a re-evaluation, Neil Pryde’s RS:X has been retained. For the solo dinghy events, the tests carried out in March were won by RS:Aero ahead of the Laser. For the double-handed dinghy, the 470 was the only candidate after the withdrawal of the Melges 15. For the mixed kite event, the IKA-Formula kite is likely to be chosen, while for the mixed offshore race, World Sailing will organise a vote at the next mid-year meeting suggesting that a list of boats should be announced before the end of the year with the final choice being decided from this list before the end of 2023.
- Z ENERGY has signed up with Emirates Team New Zealand as exclusive supplier of green fuel for the 36th America’s Cup.
- 11TH HOUR RACING has joined Foiling Week to support the Foiling SuMoth Challenge, a competition aimed at students aiming to design and build an efficient, eco-friendly foiler Moth. The candidates that are selected will do battle during 2020 Foiling Week on Lake Garda.
- BIOTRONIK has signed up as a partner to Alexia Barrier for her Vendée Globe 4myplanet project.
- HANNAH DIAMOND and HENRY BOMBY announced they will be competing together to represent Britain in the mixed offshore race in the 2024 Paris Olympics. They will initially sail on a Sun Fast 3300 because of a partnership between Sea Ventures (which distributes Jeanneau in UK) and the Offshore Academy.
- JACK BOUTTELL is looking to sell the IMOCA ex Spirit of Canada. Launched in 2007, this Merfyn Owen design raced the 2008-9 Vendee Globe.