- GAUTIER SERGENT has been appointed managing director of North Sails France, while PHILIPPE TOUET has joined the sail-maker as manager and sales director.
- BASILE BOURGNON, who is only seventeen, got a special dispensation from the organisers to be Emmanuel Le Roch’s co-skipper on the Class40 Edenred in the 2019 Transat Jacques Vabre. ACHILLE NEBOUT will be joining uip with Kito de Pavant on the Class40 Made in Midi.
- SYLVAIN HAY is leaving his job as Head of Team Beyou Racing on Friday. He is being replaced by VINCENT BEYOU, the cousin of the skipper of Charal.
- BEYOU RACING is looking for an engineer for the design team/systems installer with at least 5 years of experience. Short term contract which could become permanent based in Lorient.
- ROM ARRANGÉ is looking for a marine IT technician, a permanent job which begins immediately in Lorient.
- PLASTIMO is looking for head of technical products; permanent job based in Lorient to start right away.
- ALEX THOMSON RACING is looking for a naval architect to join the design team for Alex Thomson’s 2020-2021 Vendée Globe campaign; job based in Gosport (UK).
- GIANCARLO PEDOTE is looking for a strong all-rounder to prepare his boat for the Vendée Globe; job based in Lorient with trips to race venues.
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- FRANCK CAMMAS is the guest of the 6th episode of INTO THE WIND, the podcast of Tip & Shaft (in French). You can find Into The Wind on all platforms: iTunes, Deezer, Spotify, SoundClound…
- BREST will host the start of the 2020 Transat, a first for what has always been a British race setting out from Plymouth since it was launched in 1960. There is a new arrival port too, as the fleet will head for CHARLESTON. The Royal Western Yacht Club of England, the organizing authority of the Ostar and Twostar confirmed that it will again run its transatlantic races in 2020 from Plymouth to Newport Rhode Island.
- The WORLD SAILING council made a declaration on Sunday at the Mid-Year Meeting in London about the boats and equipment chosen for the 2024 Paris Olympics: the 470 (mixed double dinghy) and the IKA Formula Kite Class (kiteboard) have been chosen, as has the Laser, which was preferred to the RS Aero, which nevertheless won the tests carried out in Valencia (and not Palma as indicated in the previous Tip & Shaft), and the Laser Radial(solo dinghy),while the RS:X board was rejected. For the ocean racing event, a list of eligible boats for the qualifiers will be announced before 31st December 2020 (and not 2019, as initially planned).
- SAGA MERCEDES BENZ has signed up as a partner for the Sodebo team’s Ultim 3.
- GRACE O’MALLEY, an Irish whiskey brand, has signed up as Joan Mulloy’s partner for the Solitaire Urgo Le Figaro.
- OMEGA has signed a partnership with the Alinghi team, which is competing this year in GC32 and D35.
- SUZUKI AUTOMOBILE AND MARINE is continuing its partnership this year with the Solitaire Urgo le Figaro.
- The ALEA and GETTY IMAGES photo agencies have signed a partnership, allowing wider distribution of their photos in France and abroad.
- MALLORY GROUP is taking care of international press relations for Musto.
- JACK BOUTTELL is looking to sell the IMOCA ex Spirit of Canada. Launched in 2007, this Merfyn Owen design raced the 2008-9 Vendee Globe.