Departures and nominations, jobs, trainings, service offers, announcements and partnerships, launches… all you have to know about Sailing Market.
[DEPARTURES & NOMINATIONS]
- The industrial designer KARIM RASHEED has been chosen by the Alex Thomson Racing Team to devise the brand indentity of the new 60-foot IMOCA, Hugo Boss.
- YANNICK BERSOT, a former head of marketing and events manager for the French rowing Federation, is the new communications director for the Vendée Globe.
- ROM ARRANGÉ is looking for a marine IT technician, a permanent job which begins immediately in Lorient.
- PLASTIMO is looking for head of technical products; permanent job based in Lorient to start right away.
- GIANCARLO PEDOTE is looking for a strong all-rounder to prepare his boat for the Vendée Globe; job based in Lorient with trips to race venues.
- RIVOYRE ENGINEERING are looking for a draftsman designer / an Autocad designer with Bac + 2/3, with 2 years experience in boat building and race competition, mast, hulls, appendages; permanent position, based in Lorient.
- CAPE HORN ENGINEERING is looking for a CFD engineer, experience required, permanent position in Portsmouth (Great Britain).
- POGO STRUCTURES are recruiting a customer manager, with a good level of English required, this is a permanent position in Combrit (29).
- MER AGITÉE is looking for laminators with experience. Short term contract until at least December based in Port-la-Forêt (France).
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- FRANCK CAMMAS is the guest of the 6th episode of INTO THE WIND, the podcast of Tip & Shaft (in French). You can find Into The Wind on all platforms: iTunes, Deezer, Spotify, SoundClound…
- THE OCEAN RACE has renewed its partnership with the Yacht Racing Forum for three years.
- LA FABRIQUE SAILING TEAM has decided to offer its support to the Zoé4Life charity, which works with children suffering from cancer. It will be displayed on the hull of Alan Roura’s 60-foot Imoca.
- DÉCISION SA – GROUPE CARBOMAN has acquired a new autoclave (2.20 m x 6 m) for its facilities in Lausanne in Switzerland. It will be available from September for structural elements (appendages, bowsprits, bulkheads…).
- At its meeting on 27th May, the CITY COUNCIL in Le Havre voted in favour of a grant of 625,000 euros for the Transat Jacques Vabre.
- PELLE P has joined World Match Racing Tour as official clothing partner.
- JACK BOUTTELL is looking to sell the IMOCA ex Spirit of Canada. Launched in 2007, this Merfyn Owen design raced the 2008-9 Vendee Globe.
- LOWELL NORTH, founder of North Sails, who was also five times world Star champion and Olympic champion in 1968, has died at the age of 89.
Photo : Alex Thomson racing / Hugo Boss