Departures and nominations, jobs, trainings, service offers, announcements and partnerships, launches… all you have to know about Sailing Market.
[DEPARTURES & NOMINATIONS]
- ALEX THOMSON has been awarded the French National Order of Merit (“Ordre national du Mérite”) by French Ambassador to the United Kingdom, Jean-Pierre Jouyet In recognition of his services to the sport of sailing.
- The Spaniard, CARLOS DE BELTRAN, who spent time with World Sailing, has been appointed to lead the Nacra 17 class technical committee.
- ROM ARRANGÉ is looking for a marine IT technician, a permanent job which begins immediately in Lorient.
- GIANCARLO PEDOTE is looking for a strong all-rounder to prepare his boat for the Vendée Globe; job based in Lorient with trips to race venues.
- RIVOYRE ENGINEERING are looking for a draftsman designer / an Autocad designer with Bac + 2/3, with 2 years experience in boat building and race competition, mast, hulls, appendages; permanent position, based in Lorient.
- CAPE HORN ENGINEERING is looking for a CFD engineer, experience required, permanent position in Portsmouth (Great Britain).
- POGO STRUCTURES are recruiting a customer manager, with a good level of English required, this is a permanent position in Combrit (29).
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- FRANCK CAMMAS is the guest of the 6th episode of INTO THE WIND, the podcast of Tip & Shaft (in French). You can find Into The Wind on all platforms: iTunes, Deezer, Spotify, SoundClound…
- OC SPORT announced this week the end of the Extreme Sailing Series, as they could not find any viable solutions to allow the competition to be taken over by another organiser.
- The BERMUDA TOURISM AUTHORITY signed up as official event partner for the New York SailGP (21-22 June).
- KAÏROS and the Normandy-based firm, IDC ALTERNATIVES COMPOSITES have announced a partnership to produce Kairlin, a biosourced material seen as a plant-based alternative to PVC, which is entirely biodegradable in industrial compost units.”
- THE WOOLMARK COMPANY has signed up as official partner to the Italian challenge, Luna Rossa Prada Pirelli.
- LEWMAR MARINE is to be bought by Lippert Components, a subsidiary of the LCI Industries Group for 33 million pounds.
- MERCONCEPT, François Gabart’s sailing company, launched this week its official website.
- JACK BOUTTELL is looking to sell the IMOCA ex Spirit of Canada. Launched in 2007, this Merfyn Owen design raced the 2008-9 Vendee Globe.