[DEPARTURES & NOMINATIONS]
- PIERRE CASIRAGHI, who will be competing in the next Transat Jacques Vabre in the Imoca class with Boris Herrmann, will be the guest sponsor for the tenth edition of the Voiles de St. Barth Richard Mille (14-20 April).
- TAYLOR CANFIELD, skipper of the Stars & Stripes Team USA challenge for the 36th America’s Cup, has joined US SailGP Team as tactician and flight trimmer.
- AURÉLIEN DUCROZ will be alongside LOUIS DUC in the 2019 Jacques Vabre aboard the latter’s Class40. The two men are currently trying to complete their budget.
- CDK is hiring builders/laminators /composite technicians (man or woman); 6-month contract (which may become permanent) based in Lorient or Port-la-Forêt (France).
- MULTIPLAST is hiring a technician for its design team, as well as five laminators, three carpenters and a painter. The jobs based in Vannes are on a one year contract, which may be extended to become permanent.
- PERSICO MARINE is hiring boat-builders with jobs based in Bergamo (Italy).
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- TIP & SHAFT/CONNECT: the third edition of the sail racing business meeting organised by Tip & Shaft will take place in Nantes on Thursday 21st March. You can now reserve your place at the special reduced price of 90 € excl. tax until 28th February.
- JÉRÉMIE BEYOU is the guest on the 4th edition of INTO THE WIND, the podcast of Tip & Shaft. You can find Into The Wind on all platforms: iTunes, Deezer, Spotify, SoundCloud. The first four episodes have been downloaded over 23,000 times.
- Registration is now open for the 2019 CHESAPEAKE SAILING YACHT SYMPOSIUM, to be held at the United States Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland on March 15th and 16th 2019.
- The start of the 16th edition of the TRANSPAC TAHITI RACE will be on May 28, 2020 (3570-mile voyage from Los Angeles to Papeete).
- NIJI will be Gildas Morvan’s headline partner when he returns this year to the Figaro circuit.
- NORTH SAILS has signed up as official supplier for the American challenge, Stars & Stripes Team USA.
- VALENCIA has been chosen by World Sailing to host the test from 11th to 15th March to select the type of boat to be used for the Olympic solo dinghy event at the Paris Games. They will choose between the D-Zero, Laser Standard/Laser Radial, Melges 14 and RS Aero.
- The TROFEO PRINCESA SOFIA will for the first time be organising a mixed 470 eventfrom 29th March to 6th April in Palma de Mallorca.
- The MULTI50 CLASS revealed its 2019 programme this week, which will include the Bermuda 1000 Race, a qualifier for the Transat Jacques Vabre.
- GAC PINDAR has been appointed up as the event shipping and logistics provider of the J/70 World Championship.
- STA-LOK has renewed its partnership with the Clipper Round The World Yacht Race for the 2019-2020 edition as official supplier of standing rigging.
- The ARCHAMBAULT YARD has a new owner, Sébastien Gicquel, who will be based in the Port of Le Légué in Saint-Brieuc.
- COMME UN SEUL HOMME, the film report made by Eric Bellion during his 2016-2017 Vendée Globe, will hit the cinema screens on Wednesday 13th February.
- The Notice of Race for the DOUARNENEZ-HORTA has been published. The race is open to Figaro 3s, but also Figaro 2s and IRC, with a limit of twenty competitors in the latter.
- ORACLE CLOUD has become the official supplier for real time data in the SailGP circuit.
- The UNCL has created an IRC S.E.R. certificate (Single Event Rating), which will allow an IRC boat remotely to be given a certificate at an interesting price (20 euros).
- The CITY OF MARSEILLE has launched a call for tender for the design and construction of the project to modernise the Roucas Blanc area to allow it to host the 2024 Olympics.
- STARS & STRIPES TEAM USA has launched a recruitment campaign in the US to find sailors, designers, engineers, builders and logistics experts.
[SALES & ACQUISITIONS]
- RÉAUTÉ CHOCOLAT, the Multi50 aboard which Armel Tripon won the Route du Rhum-Destination Guadeloupe, is up for sale for 750,000 euros excl.tax.