[DEPARTURES & NOMINATIONS]
- SCOTT OVER, ex OC Sport, has been hired as the new Commercial Director of World Sailing.
- ROBERT DICKSON and SEAN WADDILOVE have been named Irish Sailors of the Year for 2018 in recognition of their gold medal victory in the 49er U23 Junior World Championships.
- GLENN ASHBY (Foiling Sailor) and the AC75 (Foiling Design) were among the prize-winners at the Foiling Awards, last Monday in Milan.
- EELCO BLOK, having been CEO of the Dutch mobile telecommunications company KPN, has been appointed managing director of DutchSail.
- On 8th February in Paris, THOMAS COVILLE then FRANÇOIS GABART received the first Antoine Saint-Exupéry Trophy, which goes to the holder of the solo round the world record.
- CDK is hiring builders/laminators /composite technicians (man or woman); 6-month contract (which may become permanent) based in Lorient or Port-la-Forêt (France).
- MULTIPLAST is hiring a technician for its design team, as well as five laminators, three carpenters and a painter. The jobs based in Vannes (France) are on a one year contract, which may be extended to become permanent.
- PERSICO MARINE is hiring boat-builders with jobs based in Bergamo (Italy).
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- TIP & SHAFT/CONNECT: the third edition of the sail racing business meeting organised by Tip & Shaft will take place in Nantes on Thursday 21st March. You can now reserve your place at the special reduced price of 90 € excl. tax until 28th February.
- JÉRÉMIE BEYOU is the guest on the 4th edition of INTO THE WIND, the podcast of Tip & Shaft. You can find Into The Wind on all platforms: iTunes, Deezer, Spotify, SoundCloud. The first four episodes have been downloaded over 25,000 times.
- WESTERHALL RUMS have renewed their sponsorship for a further year as Lendy Cowes Week Official Rum.
- MS AMLIN YACHT have announced their continued partnership with The Round the Island Race in 2019 (via EuroSail News).
- The 2019 GC32 TOUR programme was unveiled this week with five events in Europe, including the world championship in Lagos (Portugal) from 26-30 June. The teams taking part have not yet been announced.
- The organisers of the CONGRESSIONAL CUP has revealed the list of guest skippers competing in the match-race event (3-7 April, Long Beach, USA).
- The GUYADER GRAND PRIX (3-11 May) will for the first time feature a fleet of ETF 26s(ex Easy to Fly), as well as the second edition of the Bermuda 1000 Race, a 2000-mile race between Douarnenez and Brest (France), sailed solo on Imocas, or double-handed on Multi50s.
- VALENTIN GAUTIER and SIMON KOSTER who have come together in the Swiss team, Roasti Sailing Team have announced a three-year long programme in Class40, which will start this year with the Transat Jacques Vabre aboard a new Mach 40, the fourth version of the famous Manuard design.
- SAIL NEWPORT, the sailing centre located on Rhode Island (USA), has signed a partnershipwith the American challenge, American Magic.
- This Thursday The VOLVO OCEAN RACE has been officially sold to its new owners and takes the name of The Ocean Race.
- The CLASS40 unveiled its 2019 calendar.
- ACTUAL officially took over the ex Sodebo on Thursday and it will be back in the water in its new colours in April.
- ZHIK has become Official Apparel Supplier of Australia SailGP Team
- WORLD SAILING has launched an invitation to tender for the boat for the Mixed Two Person Dinghy and Mixed Kiteboard for the Paris 2024 Olympic Games.
- INCIDENCE SAILS has announced the creation of a pool of experts entirely dedicated to ocean racing and super-yacht programmes. Managed by Philippe Touët, they will be moving into 400 m² premises in Lorient (France) late this year.