On the market: sail racing moves
[DEPARTURES & NOMINATIONS]
- PAUL MEILHAT has been chosen by Sam Davies to accompany her in the 2019 Transat Jacques Vabre aboard Initiatives Coeur.
- JUD SMITH, world J70 champion, was named sailor of the year (2018) in the United States, while CARMEN and EMMA COWLES, world youth champions in 420 took the women’s title.
- JONAS GERCKENS, 14th in the last Route du Rhum in Class40, was elected Belgian sailor of the year for the third time with the women’s trophy going to EMMA PLASSCHAERT, world Laser Radial champion in Aarhus last August.
- FRANÇOIS BOUCHER is now representing Pauger Carbon Masts for the marketing of their custom and production rigs and masts.
- CDK is hiring builders/laminators /composite technicians (man or woman); 6-month contract (which may become permanent) based in Lorient or Port-la-Forêt (France).
- NORTH SAILS FRANCE is looking for a new sales director: management of the sales and services teams, strategy, reporting, marketing, sales; permanent job based in Vannes (or possibly in Cannes).
- ALEX THOMSON RACING is looking for a Digital Content Co-Ordinator and Creator, who will have the responsibility for the day-to-day management of the team’s key social media channels, full-time position based in Gosport, UK.
- YB SAILING is recruiting an on-board electronic and IT specialist to work on Yannick Bestaven’s Imoca Maître CoQ, at least three years of experience is required for this permanent position in La Rochelle, required immediately.
- LOUIS HUCHET, a second year boat design and engineering student from the University of Southampton (MEng Ship Science/Yacht & small craft), is looking for a training period for six or twelve months (or short term contract depending on the conditions) for a gap year with a design team or boatyard.
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- TIP & SHAFT/CONNECT: the third edition of the sail racing business meeting organised by Tip & Shaft will take place in Nantes on Thursday 21st March. You can now reserve your place at the special reduced price of 90 € excl. tax until 28th February.
- JÉRÉMIE BEYOU is the guest on the 4th edition of INTO THE WIND, the podcast of Tip & Shaft. You can find Into The Wind on all platforms: iTunes, Deezer, Spotify, SoundCloud. The first four episodes have been downloaded over 26,000 times.
- STEINLAGER has signed this week a partnership with Emirates Team New Zealand as an Official Sponsor and Official Beer Partner of the Defender of the 36th America’s Cup.
- GITANA TEAM announced on Thursday that it was ending its partnership with Sébastien Josse, which started back in 2011, and its participation in the Ultime 32/23 class.
- The AIRCALIN MATCH RACE in Noumea (14th to 18th August) has been added as 12th event of the Match Race Super League 2019 season.
- COPPERCOAT has signed a new two-race partnership as the Official Antifoul Supplier for the next two editions of the Clipper Round the World Yacht Race.
- BERTHON has been instructed by the owners of The Ocean Race as the exclusive brokersto sell the Volvo 65 fleet to the next generation.
- THE OCEAN RACE has been shortlisted in three key categories – Fan or Community Engagement Award, Cutting Edge Sport Award, Social and Sustainable Development Award – at the BT Sport Industry Awards 2019. Winners will be announced on April 25 in London.
- Registrations for the 2019 ROLEX GIRAGLIA (7-15 June) are open until 15th May. Please note that this year the big race will finish in Monaco.
- MACSF, Isabelle Joschke’s 60-foot boat will in the coming months be fitted with foilsdesigned by VPLP and built by Multiplast, and a wing mast with outriggers designed and built by Lorima. The boat will be relaunched in late June.
- As in the last Route du Rhum, LOÏCK PEYRON will be displaying the colours of the Action Enfance children’s charity this year in the Figaro circuit. The skipper from La Baule will be taking part in the Sardinha Cup at the end of March
- SAIL RACING has become the official clothing partner of France SailGP Team and SailGP.
- DUTCH SAIL, The Dutch challenger for the 36th America’s Cup, has lauched its official website.
- SYDNEY will be hosting the new National Sailing League Oceania from 25th to 28th April. The competition will bring together clubs from Australia and New Zealand and will award two tickets for the final of the Sailing Champions League in St Moritz in August.