DEPARTURES & NOMINATIONS]
- JACQUES CARAËS will be alongside Kito de Pavant aboard Made in Midi for the first edition of the Atlantic Challenge, a double-handed or crewed race on Class40s (start from Pointe-à-Pitre on 23rd March).
- CHARLIE DALIN and YOANN RICHOMME will respectively be the co-skippers for Martin Le Pape and Pierre Quiroga on the Figaro 3 Skipper Macif in the Sardinha Cup. Anthony Marchand has called upon the services of PAUL MEILHAT to accompany him on Groupe Royer, while Gildas Mahé has invited MORGAN LAGRAVIÈRE to join him aboard Breizh Cola-Equi’Thé, the new name for his Figaro.
- FRÉDÉRIC DUTHIL has been chosen by Thibaut Vauchel-Camus as his co-skipper on the Multi50 Solidaires en Peloton-ARSEP for the next Transat Jacques Vabre.
- CLÉMENT COMMAGNAC won the Youth Selection organised by BE Racing, whose colours he will display this season in the top level French ocean racing championship on Figaro 3 boats.
- CDK is hiring builders/laminators /composite technicians (man or woman); 6-month contract (which may become permanent) based in Lorient or Port-la-Forêt (France).
- NORTH SAILS FRANCE is looking for a new sales director: management of the sales and services teams, strategy, reporting, marketing, sales; permanent job based in Vannes (or possibly in Cannes).
- WORLD SAILING is hiring a marketing and hospitality executive. 3 to 5 years of experience required.
- GUNBOAT is hiring someone to be in charge of deck hardware and rigging for the launch of the Gunboat 68 series; permanent job based in La Grande Motte.
- The PRB PROJECT FOR THE 2020 VENDÉE GLOBE is hiring a boat-captain to work on the Imoca skippered by Kevin Escoffier. The job will start in June 2019 and be permanent. Based in Port-la-Forêt.
- YB SAILING is recruiting an on-board electronic and IT specialist to work on Yannick Bestaven’s Imoca Maître CoQ, at least three years of experience is required for this permanent position in La Rochelle, required immediately.
- LOUIS HUCHET, a second year boat design and engineering student from the University of Southampton (MEng Ship Science/Yacht & small craft), is looking for a training period for six or twelve months (or short term contract depending on the conditions) for a gap year with a design team or boatyard.
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- TIP & SHAFT/CONNECT: the third edition of the sail racing business meeting organised by Tip & Shaft will take place in Nantes on Thursday 21st March. You can now reserve your place.
- MUSTO has signed a partnership as official supplier to the American challenger, Stars & Stripes Team USA.
- B&G have signed a partnership agreement with INEOS Team UK.
- WINDSURFER has applied to World Sailing to be the official supplier for windsurfing in the 2024 Paris Olympics.
- The FLYING PHANTOM CLASS unveiled its 2019 calendar this week. It will include thirteen events, with the first in early April at the ENVSN in Quiberon, and the last one scheduled for November, the Martinique Flying Regatta.
- WORLD SAILING has completed the qualifying procedures for the Tokyo Olympics and published a list of the remaining quotas for each series and for the qualifying events.
- KIEL WEEK (22nd to 30th June) will this year include a mixed ocean race and a mixed dinghy event (using the 470), two events, which can be found in the 2024 Olympic programme.
- AMERICAN MAGIC, the New York based challenger for the America’s Cup, has signed a partnership with the IYRS School of Technology and Trades based in Newport.
- The RYA launches with World Sailing and Virtual Regatta the GBR eSailing National Championship at the RYA Dinghy Show (02-03 March 2019).
- The DIAM 24 OD class has launched a D-Rules app, which brings together the various elements that make up a Diam 24 to ensure it conforms with the rules of the class.