On the market : sail racing moves #19
[DEPARTURES & NOMINATIONS]
- RÉMI DUCHEMIN confirmed on Wednesday that he has resigned as co-CEO of OC Sport; HERVÉ FAVRE, with whom he shared the CEO’s role takes responsibility for the entire group.
- BIANCA COOK, who sailed on Turn the Tide On Plastic on the last race Volvo Ocean Race and completed the Rolex Sydney Hobart on Ocean Respect Racing Team has joined North Sails NZ. And ahead of the influx of Superyachts expected to descend on Auckland for the America’s Cup, veteran ex Team New Zealand ace and long time President of Southern Spars TOM DODSON has rejoined North Sails.
- The YACHTING JOURNALISTS ASSOCIATION n selected all female winners for their main sailors of the year awards, including 24 year old Clipper Race runner up Nikki Henderson
- CDK is hiring builders/laminators /composite technicians (man or woman); 6-month contract (which may become permanent) based in Lorient or Port-la-Forêt (France).
- NORTH SAILS FRANCE is looking for a new sales director: management of the sales and services teams, strategy, reporting, marketing, sales; permanent job based in Vannes (or possibly in Cannes) – France.
- GUNBOAT is hiring someone to be in charge of deck hardware and rigging for the launch of the Gunboat 68 series; permanent job based in La Grande Motte (France).
- The PRB PROJECT FOR THE 2020 VENDÉE GLOBE is hiring a boat-captain to work on the Imoca skippered by Kevin Escoffier. The job will start in June 2019 and be permanent. Based in Port-la-Forêt (France).
- YB SAILING is recruiting an on-board electronic and IT specialist to work on Yannick Bestaven’s Imoca Maître CoQ, at least three years of experience is required for this permanent position in La Rochelle (France), required immediately.
- DMG MORI SAILING TEAM, which is building a new Imoca for Kojiro Shiraishi, wants to extend its team by hiring someone to be in charge of electronics and computing, and four preparateurs, including two specialising in hydraulics and composites; jobs based in Lorient (France), status to be defined.
- The WEYMOUTH & PORTLAND NATIONAL SAILING ACADEMY was host to the sailing events at the 2012 Olympics and is one of the UK’s most active international regatta and training centres. They are seeking an individual to fill the new role of Deputy Chief Executive.
[SERVICES ON OFFER]
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- TIP & SHAFT/CONNECT: the third edition of the sail racing business meeting organised by Tip & Shaft will take place in Nantes on Thursday 21st March. You can now reserve your place – more than 140 attendants are coming.
- BRITISH YOUTH SAILING. At the RYA National DInghy Show in London seven clubs were presented with coveted British Youth Sailing (BYS) Recognised Club status in recognition of their commitment to the future of the sport.
- JEANNEAU in the UK have launched the Sun Fast challenge open to all owners and crews of Sun Fast 3200 and 3600 yachts competing across a range of regattas in 2019
- The (VOLVO) OCEAN RACE‘s interesting, instructive reports on sustainibility in the last race makes interesting reading.
- SODEBO‘s longstanding partnership with the Vendee Globe has been renewed.
- DARWIN ESCAPES, one of the UK’s leading holiday park operators, has been appointed as headline sponsor for the J/70 2019 World Championship.
- BORIS HERMANN has published Nonstop – Driven by the sea (Delius Klasing). His collection of sailing stories is published in German and English.
Contact Jean-Christophe Chrétien to find out about sponsoring this section