[DEPARTURES & NOMINATIONS]
- MIKE GOLDING returns to France for the Sardinha Cup as co-skipper with Ireland’s Joan Mulloy (Atlantic Youth Trust). There will be three Irish sailors on the race, as Tom Dolan(Smurfit Kappa) is joined by DAMIAN FOXALL.
- GILDAS MORVAN will be co-skipper with Manu Cousin on the IMOCA Group Setin on the next Transat Jacques Vabre.
- GUNBOAT is hiring someone to be in charge of deck hardware and rigging for the launch of the Gunboat 68 series; permanent job based in La Grande Motte (France).
- NORTH SAILS FRANCE is recruiting sailmakers to complete their production / repair team; positions with CAD or CFD experience are based in Vannes.
- The PRB PROJECT FOR THE 2020 VENDÉE GLOBE is hiring a boat-captain to work on the Imoca skippered by Kevin Escoffier. The job will start in June 2019 and be permanent. Based in Port-la-Forêt (France).
- YB SAILING is recruiting an on-board electronic and IT specialist to work on Yannick Bestaven’s Imoca Maître CoQ, at least three years of experience is required for this permanent position in La Rochelle (France), required immediately.
- DMG MORI SAILING TEAM, which is building a new Imoca for Kojiro Shiraishi, wants to extend its team by hiring someone to be in charge of electronics and computing, and four preparateurs, including two specialising in hydraulics and composites; jobs based in Lorient (France), status to be defined.
[SERVICES ON OFFER]
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- TIP & SHAFT/CONNECT: the third edition of the sail racing business meeting organised by Tip & Shaft will take place in Nantes on Thursday 21st March. You can still reserve your place – more than 140 attendants are coming.
- KIWIBANK has been announced as banking partner of Emirates Team New Zealand.
- IXBLUE has been announced as an official supplier of New York Yacht Club American Magic.
- BANQUE POPULAIRE DU GRAND OUEST has become official partner of La Solitaire Urgo Le Figaro.
- WORLD SAILING have announced that Valletta (Malta) will host the first edition of the World Offshore Racing Championship (originally scheduled for 2019) in October 2020. It will consist of a mixed pairs race on a format and qualification system to be announced later.
- This week the MELGES 24 class unveiled the 2019 calendar for the Melges 24 European Sailing Series which will comprise four events and the world championship at Villasimius.
- The M32 European Series calendar was also announced this week, and is made up of five events from May to August, preceded by a warm-up in San Remo from March 21st to 24th.
- IMOCA. With the imminent arrivals at Gosport’s Endeavour Quay of the former Acciona for completion of her refit alongside Aru Huusela’s Ariel 2, there will be four IMOCAs in England all at different stages of activity.
- The 2019 YACHT RACING FORUM will be held on 25 and 26 November in Bilbao, registration is open, with an early bird rate for the first 80 registered.
- FORWARD WIP launches a new range of neoprene wetsuits for women equipped with Wipee.
[FOR SALE, HIRES & PURCHASES]
- CHRISTINE BRIAND is looking to buy one or two Figaro 2s .
- BERTRAND DELESNE has his Mach 40 Class40 which was 4th in the Transat Jacques Vabre 2017, updated and ready to sail available for charter out of Lorient, for races of this season.
- The IMOCA GALILEO on which Conrad Colman finished 16th in the last Vendée Globe, will be auctioned on April 15th, reserve price at 50,000 euros including tax.