[DEPARTURES & NOMINATIONS]
- JORDI XAMMAR, recent winner of the 470 class at the World Cup in Miami, will take the helm of the F50 of a new Spanish team for the SailGP during the 2020 season, assisted by the Kiwi PHIL ROBERTSON, who last year lead the Chinese team. The team comprises FLORIAN TRITTEL, LUIS BUGALLO, JOEL RODRIGUEZ, DIEGO BOTIN, JOAN CARDONA, IAGO LOPEZ MARRA and MATTHEW BARBER.
- JULIEN HÉREU is the new préparateur of the two Skipper Macif Figaros, he has been in post since November.
- MORGAN LAGRAVIÈRE will be the co-skipper with Xavier Macaire on the Figaro Groupe SNEF on the next Transat AG2R La Mondiale.
- GUNBOAT is looking for a head of after-sales service for the backup and technical support of the Gunboat 68; permanent position based in La Grande Motte (France).
- ROMAIN ATTANASIO is looking for a preparateur to strengthen his team on the winter refit of his Imoca Pure; the position is based in Port-la-Forêt, until April.
- SPINDRIFT RACING is looking for a full time Technical Director to oversee and develop the team’s fleet, based in La Trinité-sur-Mer, France.
- WILLOW TERRASSIER, a student at M1 in IMT Mines Albi –- specialising in mechanical engineering and materials – is looking for a stage of 4 months starting from the 20 April 2020, preferably as an assistant engineer in an ocean racing set up.
- CLAUDIA CONTI, a naval architect, boat builder and project leader has gone to Persico, now based in Lorient, and is available for a similar job working in composites or structural calculations.
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- TIP & SHAFT/CONNECT NANTES 2020, the 7th edition of the business event of competitive sailing, will take place on Tuesday, March 17, 2020 at the CCI in Nantes (France). You can now book your pass, the first 20 places are at preferential rate of 75€.
- CLÉMENT GIRAUD, whose 60 footer was damaged by fire in Le Havre before the Transat Jacques Vabre, will race The Transat CIC on the IMOCA of Erik Nigon, Vers un monde sans sida. Nigon will race the New York-Vendée.
- IMOCA have signed a two-year partnership with the Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission of UNESCO in particular to support marine scientific research.
- LA SEMAINE AFFOILANTE runs the 6th edition from 1 to 3 May in Port-Fréjus.
- LA BASE DE VITESSE DE BREST, that offers the opportunity for twenty programmes to tackle the record over 500 meters, opens in 2020 to the Multi50
- SCORPION, the British RIB specialist manufacturers, have signed an agreement as technical partners for two years for the 52 Super Series.
- COR 36, the organizer of the America’s Cup World Series, unveiled the Cagliari regatta format (April 23-26). The four challengers will face each other twice in the Round Robin before a final day dedicated to the final between the top two (the first with two wins will go through) and the third place (based on on a single run).
- THE GLOBE 40 unveiled the list of eleven pre-registered boats (representing 9 nationalities) at the first edition of this world two-handed round the world for Class40 which will take place in 2021-2022.
We send our news by email every Friday before they appear online. Subscribe here, if not done yet 😉
[dt_default_button link=”https://www.tipandshaft.com/en/subscribe” button_alignment=”default” animation=”fadeIn” size=”medium” default_btn_bg_color=”#ffb200″ bg_hover_color=”#0A0A0A” text_color=”#0A0A0A” text_hover_color=”#ffb200″ icon=”fa fa-chevron-circle-right” icon_align=”center”]SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE[/dt_default_button]