On the Market: Sail Racing Moves
[DEPARTURES & NOMINATIONS]
- BEN AINSLIE, who this year will be at the helm of the Great Britain team, will be accompanied by IAIN JENSEN and LUKE PARKINSON (ex Japan SailGP Team), MATT GOTREL, NEAL HUNTER and RICHARD MASON (already in the team in 2019).
- NILS PALMIERI will be taking the helm of the Figaro 3 TeamWork in 2020. He replaces Justine Mettraux, with whom he will race in the Transat AG2R La Mondiale in April. The transatlantic race will be sailed too by the two Bretagne CMB skippers, LOÏS BERREHAR and TOM LAPERCHE.
- GUNBOAT is looking for a head of after-sales service for the backup and technical support of the Gunboat 68; permanent position based in La Grande Motte (France).
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- PODCAST. The 13th episode of the INTO THE WIND, the Tip & Shaft podcast welcomes PASCAL BIDÉGORRY. As with all the podcasts it is available on all the main platforms iTunes, Deezer, Spotify, SoundClound, Google Podcasts… also on the site for Tip & Shaft.
- TIP & SHAFT/CONNECT NANTES 2020, the 7th edition of the business event of competitive sailing, will take place on Tuesday, March 17, 2020 at the CCI in Nantes (France). You can now book your pass, the first 20 places are at preferential rate of 75€.
- MOONEN YACHTS will be the naming rights sponsor of the inaugural Sydney to Auckland Ocean Race 2021.
- COPENHAGEN will host the fifth event in the second SailGP season on 11th and 12th September. The headline partner will be ROCKWOOL, which already sponsors the new Danish team.
- FORWARD WIP has signed up for five years as clothing partner for the Nacra 17 and 49er classes.
- SUNSAIL has signed up as partner for the Magenta Project, the aim of which is to promote the role of women in sail racing.
- SAILGP has has sold a minority stake to global entertainment, sports and content company Endeavor. Endeavor’s investment position in SailGP values the global sports property at US$200 million.
- PORTSMOUTH will host the 2020 edition of the Yacht Racing Forum on 23rd-24th November.
We send our news by email every Friday before they appear online. Subscribe here, if not done yet 😉