- BEFOIL are looking for a commercial exec for France and international cover a full time job based in Lorient (with travel requirements) needed as soon as possible.
- AIM45 are looking for a developer for its web data analysis platform data, a permanent job to be filled immediately based between Nantes, Vannes, Lorient and Fouesnant.
- BEFOIL are offering an engineering internship in the development of a foiled catamaran and a communication / marketing internship. These internships of 5-6 months start September and are based in Lorient.
- LAURA HUE after completing her Masters 2 in entrepreneurship and management of innovative projects, is offering her services in project management and communication (logistics, events, research and partner relations, digital communication) in the field of offshore racing.
- LUCAS MICHEL, currently in his second year of DUT Science and Engineering Materials at the IUT of Saint-Brieuc, looking for an offshore racing company to host him from September 2020 for three years seeking to integrate his engineer training with an ENSTA Bretagne in naval and offshore architecture.
ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS
- REDMAN are now into offshore racing as the new partner for Antoine Carpentier’s Class40 campaign which will including the new Mach 40.4 Manuard, built at JPS to will be launched at the end of summer.
- AXEL TRÉHIN will also have a new Class40 at the end of the year. It will be a David Raison design (sistership of Crédit Mutuel by Ian Lipinski), which will carry the colors of Project Rescue and will be partly built at JPS (see the article in Le Telegramme).
- THE MINI 6.50 CLASS has published its new updated 2020 calendar with in particular the rescheduling in September and October of the Mini en Mai, the Calvados Cup and the Trophée Marie-Agnès Péron.
- CNTL and SOCIETE NAUTIQUE DE MARSEILLE have decided to join forces to organize Marseille Horizon 2024 together from 18 to 20 September, while their respective races, the Massilia Cup and the SNIM are postponed to 2021.
- THE MIRABAUD SAILING VIDEO AWARD will this year award honours to the best video of the past twenty years. Winner to be announced on November 24 at the Yacht Racing Forum in Portsmouth.
- FABRICE AMEDEO has installed a new module for the Vendée Globe, an oceanographic sensor has been fitted to its Imoca Newrest-Art & Fenetres which is intended to measure the presence of microplastics in the oceans.
- THE FLYING PACIFIQUE DES JEUX is the new name of the Grand Prix Pacifique des Jeux and it will take place this year in Tahiti from November 20 to 29, open to the Diam 24, and to four foiling fleets: Moth, Onefly,Waszp and Windfoil.
- PAPERCAST collaborates with the British challenge Ineos Team UK by delivering data to the crew on the AC75 race boats.
- THE J80 EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP, which was to take place in Saint Cast Le Guildo from July 4 to 11, has been postponed to 2022 at the same venue
- THE BERMUDA RACE, which won’t now take place this year in real life, will start in virtual mode on June 19, with four boats to choose from, Dehler 46, Xp55,Italia 14.98 and Sun Fast 3300.
- THE COWES WEEK (8-15 August) has been cancelled, and will take place in 2021 on its traditional dates of July 31 to August 7.
- THE TELEGRAPH BOWL 2020 (25-26 July) has been cancelled.
- WEVO 6.5, an Italian series Mini to a Cima & D’Ubaldo design built by Cima Boats in Grosseto, has just arrived on the Atlantic coast of France. The first boat is entrusted to Camille Bertin.
- WORLD SAILING and VIRTUAL REGATTA have announced the launch of the eSailing Nations Cup, a competition between nations which already organizes their national eSailing championship. The two best teams at the end of the elimination phase will face off in the final on October 2.
- EMILIE LLORENS and ROBIN CLEGG have announced the launch of Curve Communications & Events, a new agency to promote sustainability within the sailing industry.
Photo: Classe Mini 6.50