Departures and nominations, jobs, trainings, service offers, announcements and partnerships, launches… all you have to know about Sailing Market.
[DEPARTURES & NOMINATIONS]
- IKER MARTINEZ will be the skipper of the M&G Tressis Silicius crew during the GC32 Cup organised within the 38th Copa del Rey Mapfre (31 July-3 August). Iker will sail with Luís Brito, Fernando Rodriguez Rivero, Carlos Robles et Daniel De La Pedraja.
- The Irish sailor MIKEY FERGUSON will be the co-skipper for the Finnish Airline pilot ARI HUUSELA on theTransat Jacques Vabre on Ariel2.
- DAVID BOILEAU, ERWAN ISRAËL, MORGAN LAGRAVIÈRE and YANN RIOU will sail with Franck Cammas and Charles Caudrelier aboard the Maxi Edmond de Rothschild on the Fastnet Race. Yann Riou will be the mediaman on the Brest Atlantiques.
- MARION LAFERRIÈRE has left OC Sport Pen Duick and will join Leyton in September where she will be the manager of sponsorships and events.
- GUNBOAT are looking for a production/process engineer also a designer/modeller for the build of the Gunboat 68 and their future projects, permanent posts based in La Grande Motte.
- MERCONCEPT are looking for a mechanical engineer ideally with a level of experience in systems and a significant level of experience for a new IMOCA project, the post is bases in Port-la-Forêt.
- OC SPORT are looking for a partnerships manager, an ongoing position to be based in Lorient.
- ALEX THOMSON RACING are looking to augment their marketing and events team.
- KARVER are looking for a commercial export manager – a full time ongoing position in Lorient – also a VIE (Volontaire International en Entreprise) for 18 months based in the USA in (Boston).
- BEYOU RACING are looking for a general préparateur(trice) who is highly motivated and very rigourous for the Charal project. This is a full time long term position based in Lorient.
- SPACE TO RENT AT LORIENT-LA BASE: Lyophilisé & Co at the heart Lorient’s ex submarine base will soon have space available for rent.
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- The second edition of TIP & SHAFT/CONNECT PARIS will take place on Tuesday 17th September at the Théâtre de la Tour Eiffel (in the same place as the press conference for the Transat Jacques Vabre, scheduled for 5 p.m.), around the question of who is becoming increasingly important in sail racing: Does sustainable development offer leverage for sponsorships in sailing? Coffee to welcome you from 9 a.m., conference from 10.30 to 1 p.m. with a cocktail to follow. You can already reserve your place.
- YOANN RICHOMME is the guest for the 8th episode of the INTO THE WIND, Tip & Shaft podcast. You will find Into The Wind on all the usual channels: iTunes, Deezer, Spotify, SoundClound…
- THE OCEAN RACE will organise their first Ocean Summit in Genoa on the 20 September
- The first buildings for the INEOS TEAM UK and for AMERICAN MAGIC in Auckland will be available from the start of August while the base for the challengers of record Luna Rossa will be ready in October.
- The TRANSAT NEW YORK VENDÉE-LES SABLES D’OLONNE 2020 will start on the 16th June with somewhere between 25 and 30 solo skippers expected to compete .
- DIDAC COSTA, 14th on the last Vendée Globe, Costa has announced his intention to compete in the 2020 edition, once again on board the former Kingfisher of Ellen MacArthur. The Catalan skipper is looking for sponsors to support him.
- SEVENSTAR YACHT TRANSPORT, who are partners of the Fastnet Race, are offering a bag and sail drop service.
- SAILING HOLLAND has bought the VO65 which finished third on the last Volvo Ocean Race in the colours of Team Brunel with a view to competing in the The Ocean Race. The Dutch company are actively seeking additional partners.
- JEANNEAU will have two Sun Fast 3300s on the Fastnet Race, both sailed by mixed duos, Lucy Molinier and Alexandre Ozon on one boat and Brits, Hannah Diamond and Henry Bomby on the other
- The SOCIÉTÉ DES RÉGATES ROCHELAISES have launched an IRC race: La Rochelle-the Azores ores-La Rochelle planned for the summers of 2020.
Photo: Sailing Energy / GC32 Racing Tour