[DEPARTURES & NOMINATIONS]
- WANG JUE, former member of China Team in the 32nd America’s Cup, has joined the China SailGP team for the first season of the SailGP, which is due to get underway in mid-February in Sydney.
- CAMERON APPLETON has joined Quantum Sails where he will in particular be taking care of big boats; the New Zealander has also been appointed tactician of the Quantum Racing TP52 for the 2019 season.
- JULIEN PULVÉ will be at the helm of Team Vendée Formation’s Figaro 3. He is also in charge of training a rookie to follow in his footsteps in 2020. The team has also welcomed some other Figaro racers: the Irish sailor, Joan Mulloy, Achille Nebout, Alberto Bona and André Morante.
- KNUT FROSTAD, the former CEO of the Volvo Ocean Race and JORDI NEVES, head of digital business in the last edition of the round the world race, have joined Navico, the former as executive vice president of digital business and marketing, while the latter is the new chief marketing officer and senior vice president.
- MERCONCEPT is hiring an IMOCA boat captain, who has knowledge of hydraulic and mechanical technology for Charlie Dalin’s 60-foot Apivia with a permanent contract based in Port-la-Forêt (France).
- VPLP is hiring an engineer specialising in structural composite calculations (5 years experience in this field desired) to strengthen its current team; permanent contract based in Vannes (France).
- CHARAL SAIING TEAM/BEYOU RACING is offering two jobs in January 2019 for an experienced IMOCA preparateur, one with a full-time contract and the other part time with long term training. Both jobs are based in Lorient (France).
- CDK is hiring builders/laminators /composite technicians (man or woman); 6-month contract (which may become permanent) based in Lorient or Port-la-Forêt (France).
- SAIL GP is looking for a Communications Coordinator, based in San Francisco, applications should be sent before 18 January for a position starting on February 1st.
- TEAM MALIZIA is looking for a boat captain for its IMOCA, based in Lorient (France).
[SERVICES ON OFFER]
- FREEZE DRIED & CO have started the construction of two new buildings on the site of Lorient La Base (France): the first for their own activity and the second, with a floor area surface of 360 m2 will be available to rent for a marine related activity.
- TIPHAINE RENARD (ex Dongfeng Race Team) is looking for work as operational or logistics manager in a professional team and / or for sporting events.
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- CLIPPER VENTURES, the company which organises the Clipper Round the World Race, has announced they have taken over Hamble School of Yachting, the famous yachting school on the South Coast of England.
- THE WORLD MATCH RACING being bought from the Swedish company, Aston Harald AB by a group of investors who have come together in the C Shine Financial Corporation. They are expected to announce their 2019 programme in January.
- PARKER HANNIFIN as signed up as official control systems partner for the American challenger, American Magic ; Advanced Wing Systems (AWS) has also been named official supplier of American Magic.
- ORC announced its new rules and its 2019 calendar this week.
- CORUM (a french financial company) confirmed Friday they will extend their partnership with Nicolas Troussel on a four-year Imoca programme into the Vendée Globe 2020including the construction of a Juan Kouyoumdjian IMOCA to be built at CDK which will be project managed will by Mer Agitée’s Michel Desjoyeaux.
- THE SARDINHA CUP, the first race of the season in the new Figaro 3 (26 March-13 April), which was originally due to go to Lisbon has seen a change of format and destination now set to consist of two “big races” of two-three days starting from Saint-Gilles Croix de Vie (France).
- BANQUE POPULAIRE. Tuesday, January 22, BPCE will unveil its future projects in sailing sponsorship at a media briefing in Paris.
- ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA are to host the Optimist 2019 World Championships from the 8th to the 15th of July.
- NEWPORT RI has been chosen to host the 2020 world championships of the J/80 from September 28th to October 3rd.
- The MACIF SAILING CENTRE is setting up a new ocean racing training section for solo sailors and double-handed crews on two Figaro 2 boats based in La Rochelle (France).
- WORLD SAILING has announced a call for tender to organise the 2021 and 2022 Youth World Championships.
- WORLD SAILING has published the Notice of Race for the Tokyo Olympics test event, scheduled for 15th to 22nd August in Enoshima, and the 2019 Youth World Championship, scheduled for 13th to 20th July in Gdynia (Poland).
- BORIS HERRMANN has just published Nonstop-Driven by the Sea (published by Delius Klasing), available in English and German. In this book, the skipper of Malizia looks back at his career.
[SALES & ACQUISITIONS]
- CAFÉ JOYEUX, The Finot Conq design which is built in carbon which was the winner of the Route du Rhum in Mono Rhum class, is for sale. Reliable and ideal for shorthanded crewed sailing it is to be sold with a container, and a lot of spare material. It can be seen in Lorient. Price: 290 000 € VAT included. Contact: Sidney Gavignet.
- Meanwhile YVAN GRIBOVAL is looking to sell the carbon hull structure and carbon deck, complete with moulds and tools from the 52.5-foot sistership Finot-Conq Café Joyeux winner of the Route du Rhum in the Mono Rum class. Price: 80 000 € ex VAT (value 1.3 million).17