- JPK is hiring composite experts and technicians, builders and assembly technicians and workers; permanent jobs based in Larmor-Plage.
- MERCONCEPT is hiring an IMOCA boat captain, who has knowledge of hydraulic and mechanical technology for Charlie Dalin’s 60-foot Apivia with a permanent contract based in Port-la-Forêt (France).
- VPLP is hiring an engineer specialising in structural composite calculations (5 years experience in this field desired) to strengthen its current team; permanent contract based in Vannes (France).
- CDK is hiring builders/laminators /composite technicians (man or woman); 6-month contract (which may become permanent) based in Lorient or Port-la-Forêt (France).
[SERVICES ON OFFER]
- FREEZE DRIED & CO have started the construction of two new buildings on the site of Lorient La Base (France): the first for their own activity and the second, with a floor area surface of 360 m2 will be available to rent for a marine related activity.
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- NORTH TECHNOLOGY GROUP (NTG) has purchased MBrands International B.V, the owner of the Magic Marine technical sailing apparel brand and Mystic, the kiteboarding accessories brand. These businesses will be held under a new arm of NTG called North Actionsports Group.
- PANERAI became this week official sponsor of Luna Rossa, Challenger of Record of the 36th edition of the America’s Cup.
- RC44 CUP is the new name of the former RC44 Championship, which has been completely updated for 2019, with a new logo, a new boat in the colours of the Tavatuy Sailing Team and a circuit including five legs, Tivat (Montenegro), Rovinj (Croatia), Marstrand (Sweden), Cascais (Portugal) and Palma da Mallorca (Spain).
- BE RACING. Those applying for the BE Racing trials have until 21st January to send in their application. The winner of the 2019 selection process will be taking part in the Atlantic Challenge in Class40 with Arthur Hubert and Jules Bonnier, before moving to the Figaro 3 (Solo Maître CoQ, Solitaire du Figaro and Round Brittany Race).
- ATHENS has been selected to host the 2019 Finn European Senior and U23 Championship, which will be held from the 10 to 18 of May.
- ST. FRANCIS YACHT CLUB in San Francisco, has been selected by World Sailing to host the 2019 Nations Cup Grand Final April 9-14, 2019 and will use its matched fleet of J/22s.
- STARS AND STRIPES TEAM USA announced this week that it has acquired a “design package” from Emirates Team New Zealand for its future AC75, with the option of an additional package for a second boat. The future foiler will be built at Composite Builders, Michigan. Sails will be by North Sails, while the design team is reinforced with the recruitment of the engineer Alon Finkelstein (formerly Oracle), the boat builder Dennis Gunderson and Bryan Baker (performance analysis).
- OAKCLIFF SAILING, the Long Island-based race coaching and training facility, will organisea test-race for the mixed-offshore racing as set to be introduced to the Olympic Games programme. This event, scheduled for May 14-15, 2019, will feature six duos racing on Melges 24 equipped with autopilot and with video capabilities.
- SAM DAVIES is the new face of TBS.
- CARAC has ended its sponsorship with Louis Duc after five years of partnership in Class40. The skipper from Normandy is looking for new partners.
- THE DÉFI ATLANTIC will begin on March 23rd in Pointe-à-Pitre. This new transat is in two stages racing to La Rochelle (via Horta) is open to the Class40, crewed or as a duo.
- OC SPORT has launched The Hub by OC Sport in the former Gitana Team boat shed in Lorient (France) and directed by Marine Derrien, which aims to work alongside ocean racing projects. Charles Caudrelier will for two years be the skipper of the Figaro 3 purchased by the Hub, which will also be home to the boats acquired by Benjamin Schwartz and Fabien Delahaye.
- ADRENA has made available the download of version 16 of its Adrena and Octopus software programmes.
[SALES & ACQUISITIONS]
- THE ROYAL PLYMOUTH CORINTHIAN YACHT CLUB has been put up for sale. It is looking for bids above the guide price of £750,000.
- CAFÉ JOYEUX, The Finot Conq design which is built in carbon which was the winner of the Route du Rhum in Mono Rhum class, is for sale. Reliable and ideal for shorthanded crewed sailing it is to be sold with a container, and a lot of spare material. It can be seen in Lorient. Price: 290 000 € VAT included. Contact: Sidney Gavignet.
- JEFF MARTIN passed away on January 11 2019, he acted as chairman of the World SailingClasses Committee and sat on World Sailing’s Council for many years, he also served as the Executive Secretary of the International Laser Class Association for 40 years.