[DÉPARTS & NOMINATIONS]
- CAROLIJN BROUWER, PETER VAN NIEKERK, DIRK KRAMERS are the first recruits announced this week by the Dutch challenge led by Simeon Tienpont, called Team The Netherlands. They will be based in Scheveningen, where a leg of the America’s Cup World Series may take place.
- CHRISTOPHE BAUDRY announced on Tuesday he will be leaving his job as Director of Lorient Grand Large on 31st January.
- The VOLVO OCEAN RACE scientific programme was awarded a prize in Science category at the Ocean Tribute Awards this week at the “Boot Show” in Düsseldorf.
- ALAN ROBERTS will be competing in the Sardinha Cup with Jérémie Beyou on the Figaro 3 Charal. The two skippers are in fact using the services of the same preparateur, PASCAL CAILLAUD, who has joined the Charal Sailing Team.
- MERCONCEPT is hiring an IMOCA boat captain, who has knowledge of hydraulic and mechanical technology for Charlie Dalin’s 60-foot Apivia with a permanent contract based in Port-la-Forêt (France).
- VPLP is hiring an engineer specialising in structural composite calculations (5 years experience in this field desired) to strengthen its current team; permanent contract based in Vannes (France).
- CDK is hiring builders/laminators /composite technicians (man or woman); 6-month contract (which may become permanent) based in Lorient or Port-la-Forêt (France).
- MULTIPLAST is hiring a technician for its design team, as well as five laminators, three carpenters and a painter. The jobs based in Vannes are on a one year contract, which may be extended to become permanent.
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- TIP & SHAFT/CONNECT: the third edition of the sail racing business meeting organised by Tip & Shaft will take place in Nantes on Thursday 21st March. You can now reserve your place at the special reduced price of 75 € excl. tax until 31st January.
- On Thursday, OC SPORT PEN DUICK revealed the course for the 50th Solitaire du Figaro, the first using the Figaro 3. With a total length of 2130 miles, it will start from Nantes on 2nd June and finish on around 26th in Dieppe, with stopovers in Kinsale and Roscoff.
- EMILE HENRY and RAVE will be Erwan Le Draoulec’s partners this season in the Figaro 3 circuit, where he is one of the rookies.
- FERRETTI GROUP announced at the opening of Boot in Düsseldorf the entry of Wally, the iconic luxury nautical brand and emblem of design and innovation, within the portfolio of its brands.
- ALEX THOMSON RACING has renewed its partnership with international ropes manufacturer Gleistein Ropes, for a further two years.
- JÖRG RIECHERS will be taking part in 2019 in the Class40 circuit on an Owen/Clarke designed boat built by Cape Racing Yachts in South Africa.
- This week at the ‘Boot’ in Düsseldorf, WORLD SAILING launched the second season of the e-Sailing World Championship, the final of which will taken place in October in Bermuda with the winner pocketing the 10,000 US$ offered by Virtual Regatta, the technical service provider for the competition.
- VENICE will host a new boat show in the Arsenal district from 18th to 23rd June.
[SALES & ACQUISITIONS]
- CAFÉ JOYEUX, The Finot Conq design which is built in carbon which was the winner of the Route du Rhum in Mono Rhum class, is for sale. Reliable and ideal for shorthanded crewed sailing it is to be sold with a container, and a lot of spare material. It can be seen in Lorient. Price: 290 000 € VAT included. Contact: Sidney Gavignet.