[DÉPARTS & NOMINATIONS]
- XAVIER OLIVELLA has been appointed to become the new director of the FNOB. In particular, he will be in charge of organising the fourth edition of the Barcelona World Race in 2022-2023.
- CDK is hiring builders/laminators /composite technicians (man or woman); 6-month contract (which may become permanent) based in Lorient or Port-la-Forêt (France).
- MULTIPLAST is hiring a technician for its design team, as well as five laminators, three carpenters and a painter. The jobs based in Vannes are on a one year contract, which may be extended to become permanent.
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- TIP & SHAFT/CONNECT: the third edition of the sail racing business meeting organised by Tip & Shaft will take place in Nantes on Thursday 21st March. You can now reserve your place at the special reduced price of 90 € excl. tax until 28th February.
- JÉRÉMIE BEYOU will be the guest on the 4th edition of INTO THE WIND, the podcast of Tip & Shaft. You can find Into The Wind on all platforms: iTunes, Deezer, Spotify, SoundCloud. The first three episodes have been downloaded over 20,000 times.
- The 2019 TRANSAT JACQUES VABRE will not be open to Ultims. The organisers confirmed this on Tuesday believing that they are “not able to welcome them in a satisfactory and safe manner.”
- The SAILING CHAMPIONS LEAGUE unveiled its 2019 calendar with three qualifying events in which 95 clubs will compete (Palma de Majorca and Porto Cervo in May, Saint-Petersburg in July), with the finals bringing together 24 teams in St-Moritz (Switzerland) from 15th to 18th August.
- EUROSAIL NEWS is the new name for Scuttlebutt Europe, which is now produced in association with Seahorse and YachtScoring.com
- MARLOW ROPES has signed up to become the official supplier for the British Challenger, Ineos Team UK.
- The MATCH RACE SUPER LEAGUE presented its 2019 programme announcing 10 events for the moment, including the French Internationals in Pornichet from 25th to 28th July.
- SQUID has launched some new forecasting models in the framework of its Hires and Hires Europe offers.1