[ON THE MOVE]
- BILLY BESSON and MARIE RIOU four times world champions in the Nacra 17 will be part of the Team France SailGP, Besson skippering a team including Matthieu Vandame, Devan Le Bihan, Olivier Herledant, and Timothé Lapauw (reserve).
- Portugal’s RICARD PINTO is the winner of the Mirabaud Yacht Racing Image 2018 for his photo of Scallywag in the last Volvo Ocean Race, ROB DICKINSON wins the Mirabaud Sailing Video Award for his video piece on Team AkzoNobel.
- DALE SMYTH has been named assistant race director of the Clipper Round The World Race replacing Tom Way.
- The DNA F1X, the L30, the FIGARO 3 and the FAST 40+ RAN VII are the four boatsnominated for the World Sailing Boat of the Year Award which will be decided on the 30 October in Sarasota at the annual conference, where the winner of the World Sailing 11th Hour Racing Sustainability Award will be announced from the Atlantic Cup, the Corpus Christi Yacht Club, the Green Blue project and the project Litefoot.
- TOM LAPERCHE is the winner of the Challenge Espoir Bretagne-Crédit Mutuel de Bretagne selection; he will have a Figaro 3 for the next two seasons.
- MARC ENEL and ANTOINE CONNAN have joined Caponetto-Hueber respectively as project manager and as a CFD engineer and junior developer.
- The retailers USHIP Darse Sud of La Trinité-sur-Mer (France) is looking for a shop manager.
- ALEX THOMSON RACING are looking for a “data and technical innovation manager” for their new IMOCA project based at Gosport (England).
- LORIMA is looking for a composite infusion workshop manager, working on a fixed-term contract that may evolve into a permanent contract, based in Lorient.
- MULTIPLAST have vacancies for several positions: a project manager, a team leader, a painter and 5 composite materials technicians; positions are on permanent contracts (for the first) and in fixed-term contracts that can evolve into permanent contracts, based in Vannes.
- OUTREMER YACHTING are looking for two engineering interns one in composites or materials and/ or mechanical engineering the other in office studies based in La Grande Motte (France).
- L’OFFICE DE LA MER MARSEILLE-PROVENCE is offering an internship in communication and marketing from mid November 2018 à mi-avril 2019.
- GILDAS MORVAN, 4 times French solo offshore racing champion, is offering novices, as well as more experienced sailors, coaching sessions and individual or group classes throughout France.
- MANU LE GUEN offers advice to skippers to guide them in their search for partners: how to present offshore racing projects to companies? How to find future sponsors?
[NEWS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- INTO THE WIND, the Tip & Shaft podcast (in French), which was launched last Friday with Charles Caudrelier as its guest for the first edition, had more than 5500 listens in less than 2 weekS. You can find it on many different platforms including iTunes, SoundCloud, Spotify, Deezer, Ausha and TuneIn.
- AIRBUS has become an official innovation partner of the American Magic America’s Cup challenge of the New York Yacht Club, which has also signed HELLY HANSEN, as an equipment partner.
- HYDRASCORE joins the partners of Maxime Sorel, skipper of the Class40 V & B on the Route du Rhum-Destination Guadeloupe; RATP DEV has joined forces with Florian Gueguen, also competing in Class40 on Equipe Voile Parkinson and SOWAY join Loïck Peyron who races in the Rhum class on the multi on Happy.
- OCEANVOLT has signed a technical partnership for the supply of an electric motor with Alex Thomson Racing whose next Imoca Hugo Boss, under construction, will not use fossil fuels.
- ORACLE TEAM USA has donated their containerised village base in Bermuda to US SAILING which will use it as a training base in San Francisco for their Olympic team (info Sailing World).
- THIERRY BOUCHARD will sell his Multi50 Ciela Village at the end of the Route du Rhum which will be his last, he told Le Télégramme.
- For the Route du Rhum-Destination Guadeloupe, 727 SAILBAGS launches, an “Exclusive Edition Voiles de légende” and a “Route du Rhum special edition”.
- The organizers of the STAR SAILORS LEAGUE announced during the Yacht Racing Forumin Lorient that in 2021 the launch they will run a Star Sailors League Nations Gold Cup, competition whose final phase will bring together 40 national teams who will compete on boats of 45 feet.
- SQUID has released a new version of its Squid X marine weather software, which can be downloaded free of charge.
[SALES & ACQUISITIONS]
- DANIEL ECALARD sells his 5 Oceans, Open 50 Finot-Conq, refitted in 2017 ; visible boat in Martinique (FWI).