Departures and nominations, jobs, trainings, service offers, announcements and partnerships, launches… all you have to know about Sailing Market.
[DEPARTURES & NOMINATIONS]
- YANN ÉLIÈS has been chosen par Charlie Dalin to join him on the new Apivia on the next Transat Jacques Vabre.
- BEN AINSLIE has been named as a non-executive director of the newly formed Henri Lloyd, set up to which he will also give technical advice.
- THE ROYAL SOUTHERN YACHT CLUB recruits a club secretary / chief executive with a hospitality-related background.
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- VINCENT RIOU is the guest of the 7th episode of INTO THE WIND, the podcast of Tip & Shaft (in French). You can find Into The Wind on all platforms: iTunes, Deezer, Spotify, SoundClound…
- The AMERICA’S CUP 2021 will finally include only four challengers, DutchSail have withdrawn and only Stars & Stripes Team USA have confirmed their continuation along with the big three challengers Luna Rossa Challenge, America Magic and Team Ineos UK.
- THE HAGUE will host the next World Championships of Olympic Sailing in August 2022 and before that in July 2021, the Youth World Championships.
- LA DRHEAM CUP 2020, has announced the dates for 2020 (11-19 July), effectively in the opposite direction from the previous edition with courses of 736 and 428 milles between Cherbourg-en-Cotentin and La Trinité-sur-Mer. A prologue will be organised which will not be for those racing IN IRC the Cowes-Dinard at the same time.
- The MIRPURI FOUNDATION which supported the Turn the Tide on Plastic on the last Volvo, has confirmed their participation in the VO65 in the next edition of the The Ocean Race, with a new name Racing for the Planet.
- The DOUARNENEZ HORTA will become the DOUARNENEZ COURSES GIJON, with a two-stage course that, instead of going to the Azores, will go to Gijon via the Fastnet (racing back in the other direction), the start having been shifted to August 4th. The race is open to Figaro 3 solo and IRC solo or crewed.
- The photo image contest the MIRABAUD YACHT RACING IMAGE 2019 is officially open, professional marine photographers who wish to enter now until October 13 to send their photos. The winner will be announced November 26 during the Yacht Racing Forum.
- The nominations for the 2019 WORLD SAILING AWARDS which will be announced on 29 October 2019 in Bermuda are open.
- PORTIMAO will be the first stop of the Clipper Round the World Yacht Race, the yachts will start to arrive from 8 September, after up to eight days of racing from the UK.
- WTC LOGISTICS and CHARTCO have been announced as newest partners of the Clipper Round the World Yacht Race.
- DON MCINTYRE, after the success of the Golden Globe Race, now looking ahead to 2023 is the Ocean Globe Race, a replica some 50 years after the original Whitbread of 1973. It will be raced with crews over four stages (starting and finishing in Europe) in three classes of boats, Adventure, Sayula and Flyer (designed/built before1988).
- The SOCIÉTÉ NAUTIQUE DE LA BAIE DE SAINT-MALO launched a new double handed 24 hours race for Class40, the Malouine 40′, will be run for the first time on the 20 September.
Photo : simeliprod2019