Departures and nominations, jobs, trainings, service offers, announcements and partnerships, launches… all you have to know about Sailing Market.
[DEPARTURES & NOMINATIONS]
- JOHN CRAIG has been named as Regatta Director of the 36th America’s Cup while RICHARD SLATER has been chosen as Chief Umpire ; the Rules Committee is made up of internationally-renowned sailing experts STAN HONEY, CARLOS DE BELTRAN and HASSO HOFFMEISTER. SHAUN RITSON is the coordinator of the Measurement Committee, with the supporting expertise of DANIEL JOWETT and DAVID McCOLLOUGH.
- THOMAS CARDRIN will be Benjamin Dutreux’s co-skipper for Transat Jacques Vabre on the Imoca he recently acquired from Japanese skipper Kojiro Shiraishi, while TOLGA PALMIR has announced he will be taking part in the double-handed transatlantic race with Erik Nigon on the Imoca Vers un monde sans sida, Clément Giraud has chosen his boat-captain RÉMI BEAUVAIS on Fortil.
- ANDY HUNT, DEE CAFFARI, STÉPHANIE NADIN, GIANGUIDO GIROTTI, MAX SIRENA, STEWART HOSFORD, STAN HONEY are among the first speakers announced for the 2019 Yacht Racing Forum in Bilbao.
- MATTHIEU MARFAING, alongside his job as business developer in America for Zhik, now represents the brand in France.
- The agency DESIGNE has designed the branding of the Class40 Banque du Léman for Valentin Gautier and Simon Koster.
- ANNA BEYOU has announced her departure from 727 Sailbags, the company she co-founded in 2010 and bought into by Nicolas Veto and Matthieu Bimbenet in 2017.
- THE ROYAL SOUTHERN YACHT CLUB recruits a club secretary / chief executive with a hospitality-related background.
- A+T are seeking a sales manager, full-time job located in in Lymington, UK (via EuroSail News).
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- VINCENT RIOU is the guest of the 7th episode of INTO THE WIND, the podcast of Tip & Shaft (in French). You can find Into The Wind on all platforms: iTunes, Deezer, Spotify, SoundClound…
- The second edition of TIP & SHAFT/CONNECT PARIS will take place on Tuesday 17th September at the Théâtre de la Tour Eiffel (in the same place as the press conference for the Transat Jacques Vabre, scheduled for 5 p.m.), around the question of who is becoming increasingly important in sail racing: Does sustainable development offer leverage for sponsorships in sailing? Coffee to welcome you from 9 a.m., conference from 10.30 to 1 p.m. with a cocktail to follow. You can already reserve your place.
- LES SABLES D’OLONNE will be the host for the start and finish of the second edition of the Golden Globe Race, which is due to start on 4th September 2022.
- URGO will no longer be the headline partner for the Solitaire du Figaro, as the firm claims to have achieved its goals after three years of working with the race. The organiser, OC Sport Pen Duick is looking for a company to follow in their footsteps.
- The MAYENNE department has joined V&B as co-headline partner for the next three years for Maxime Sorel’s Vendée Globe project.
- The 2020 SKIPPER MACIF selection process is now open: candidates have until 19th September to send in their application with the winner being announced on 18th October.
- SEA2SEE has signed up as sunglasses partner for Boris Herrmann and Team Malizia.
- The 2019 MIRABAUD SAILING VIDEO AWARDS are now open with the videos to be sent in until 23rd October. A jury of six people will choose the winner.
- HARKEN has become official supplier of winch systems and deck hardware of Ineos Team UK.
- WORLD SAILING launched this week launch its global survey on women in sailing, looking at trends within sailing and the wider industry around gender disparity.
- OFFSHORE TEAM GERMANY has officially announced a campaign for the next edition of The Ocean Race unveiling their Imoca, the former Acciona, in Kiel. She was christened by Annie Lush, who is part of the team and in the presence of Nicolas Lunven.
photo: Alexis Courcoux / La Solitaire URGO Le Figaro