[DEPARTURES & NOMINATIONS]
- HENRY BOMBY and HANNAH DIAMOND have been selected by RYA to represent Great Britain at the 2019 EUROSAF Mixed Offshore European Championship, taking place in Venice from 8th to 11th October.
- ANTHONY MARCHAND will be Giancarlo Pedote’s co-skipper on the Imoca Prysmian Group in the Transat Jacques Vabre, GUILLAUME LE BREC will be joining up with Maxime Sorel on V&B-Mayenne, while ANTOINE KOCH will be alongside Thomas Ruyant on the new Advens. In Class40, Aymeric Chappellier has called upon PIERRE LEBOUCHER to accompany him on Aïna Enfance & Avenir.
- ALEX PELLA will be Yves Le Blévec’s co-skipper on Actual Leader for the first edition of the Brest Atlantiques, Ronan Gladu will be the mediaman.
- WORLD SAILING is hiring a Paralegal with a long term contract in London. Applications need to be sent by 16th September.
- WORLD SAILING is also looking for candidates to join its Election Committee as they prepare for the International Federation’s AGM, which will be held in October 2020 in Abu Dhabi.
- LORIENT GRAND LARGE is looking for a trainer to work during training courses for Mini 6.50s, IRC, Class40, Figaro, Imoca and Ultim boats. The job with long term contract is based in Lorient from November.
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- The second edition of TIP & SHAFT/CONNECT PARIS will take place on Tuesday 17th September at the Théâtre de la Tour Eiffel (in the same place as the press conference for the Transat Jacques Vabre, scheduled for 5 p.m.), around the question of who is becoming increasingly important in sail racing: Does sustainable development offer leverage for sponsorships in sailing? Coffee to welcome you from 9 a.m., conference from 10.30 to 1 p.m. with a cocktail to follow. You can already reserve your place.
- AARHUS (Denmark) has been confirmed as host city for the Ocean Race 2021-2022.
- The 2019 MINI-TRANSAT LA BOULANGÈRE will now allow ninety to compete. The organisers accepted six more registrations after the previous full house of 84.
- ADVENS has signed up as headline partner to Thomas Ruyant for the 2019 Transat Jacques Vabre.
- THALÈS and IRIDIUM have become official communication partners for the IMOCA class. The two companies have developed new sets, which perform even better to equip the 60-foot boats competing in the Imoca Globe Series.
- CLASS40 has launched a new selection process for the 2022 Route du Rhum, in which the number of miles sailed in races will be the main criteria.
- The 2020 52 SUPER SERIES calendar has been unveiled with for the first time two legs in Cape Town in March. There will then be four other events from May to September in Scarlino and Porto Cervo (Italy), Valencia and Puerto Portals (Spain).
- HA LONG BAY, VIETNAM is the name of the new team registered for two editions of the Clipper Round The World Race. In the 2019-2020 race, which starts on Sunday, they will be led by the British skipper, Josh Stickland. South Korea will be represented by the crew on IMAGINE YOUR KOREA, skippered by Mike Surridge.
- After his win in IRC 2 in the Fastnet Race, GÉRY TRENTESEAUX announced that at the end of the season, he will be ending his adventures with Courrier boats, which began back in 1999.
- RS:X, GLIDE, IFOIL, FORMULA FOIL LIMITED ans WINDFOIL 1 are the five boards chosen by World Sailing to be tested from 29th September to 3rd October on Lake Garda to become the Olympic board for the Paris Games in 2024.
- MAGENTA PROJECT and LE HUB OC SPORT are organising a workshop in Lorient on 1Ith and 12th October aimed at women who want to launch a professional ocean racing project. You can now pre-register.
- THE OCEAN RACE has unveiled the list of speakers attending the first Ocean Summit on 20th September in Genoa.
- ACTUAL, Yves Le Blévec’s partner for many years (now with the name Actual Leader), has signed up with the OGC Nice football club, which has just been bought by the British company, Ineos, which is also involved in sailing as the headline partner for Ben Ainslie’s Ineos Team UK.
- The BRITISH KEELBOAT ACADEMY has launched a call for candidates for the 2019-2020 season. They are looking for youngsters from 18 to 24 with a background in dinghies, who wish to train on bigger boats. Applications need to be sent in by 22nd September.
- BREST ATLANTIQUES launched its new website in early August as well as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts.
- WORLD SAILING has launched a film explaining the major principles of the new mixed double-handed ocean racing event that will start with the 2024 Olympics in Marseille.
- WORLD SAILING has launched the 2024 Challenge, a competition for builders of RIBs, aimed at coming up with a boat for trainers and juries, which does not use fossil fuels.
- The TF35, which follows on from the D35, was officially launched on Lake Geneva on 20th August.
[SALES & CHARTERS]
- ROBERT ROSEN JACOBSON is looking for joint owners to build a JPK 1030 or a Dehler 30 OD to take part in the Transquadra and other ocean races.
Photo: A. Sanchez / Volvo Ocean Race