- MATHIEU SARROT left OC Sport Pen Duick on 31st August, when the company moved to Lorient. It now has a committee including Marine Derrien (Head of operations), Joseph Bizard (Head of development and relations with public bodies) and Marie-Laure Lamarque (Financial and legal director).
- MATHILDE GÉRON and PIERRE LEBOUCHER will represent France in the first mixed double-handed L30 European ocean racing championship in Italy (8th – 11th October). SOPHIE FAGUET will be flying the colours of Belgium with Jonas Gerckens (who has withdrawn from the Transat Jacques Vabre and is planning to have a new Class40 built in 2020).
- KITO DE PAVANT is Achille Nebout’s co-skipper in the Tour de Bretagne (Le Grand Réservoir), ANTOINE CARPENTIER is joining Bruno Jourdren (Planète Enfants & Développement), while JULIEN VILLION pairs up with Justine Mettraux (TeamWork).
- DYLAN FLETCHER / STUART BITHELL (European 49er champions), LUCY MCGREGOR (world match-racing champion) and WILL HODSHON (who set a solo dinghy record) have been nominated for the title of British sailor of the Year by the Yachting Journalists’ Association. The name of the winner will be announced on 13th September.
- PIERRE-YVES DURAND has been taken on by Absolute Dreamer as project manager for Jean Pierre Dick’s company’s Easy To Fly 26 business.
- LALOU MULTI is hiring machine operators and laminators from October 2019 to work on the construction of the new Multi50 Arkema. More details are available by contacting them.
- MERCONCEPT is looking for an accountant with at least two years experience to develop its business; a full-time, permanent job based in Port-la-Forêt. They are looking for someone who can start work very quickly.
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- The second edition of TIP & SHAFT/CONNECT PARIS will take place on Tuesday 17th September at the Théâtre de la Tour Eiffel (in the same place as the press conference for the Transat Jacques Vabre, scheduled for 5 p.m.), around the question of who is becoming increasingly important in sail racing: Does sustainable development offer leverage for sponsorships in sailing? Coffee to welcome you from 9 a.m., conference from 10.30 to 1 p.m. with a cocktail to follow. You can already reserve your place.
- The final event of the 2019 GC32 RACING TOUR will take place in Muscat (Oman) from 5th to 9th November.
- SKYCITY has signed up with the defender, Emirates Team New Zealand as “official hotels and entertainment partner”.
- The IRC TRANSATLANTIC RACE will start on 18th April 2021. It is already possible to pre-register.
- EMIRATES TEAM NEW ZEALAND unveiled their AC75 in Auckland on Friday. She is the first of the new America’s Cup boats to be launched.
- THE OCEAN RACE has launched their new educational programme in French, aimed at making children aware of plastic pollution.
[SALES & CHARTERS]
- ROBERT ROSEN JACOBSON is looking for joint owners to build a JPK 1030 or a Dehler 30 OD to take part in the Transquadra and other ocean races.
Photo: Emirates Team New Zealand