- SÉBASTIEN MARSSET will be Romain Attanasio’s co-skipper aboard the IMOCA Pure in the Transat Jacques Vabre.
- BILL ERKELENS, who was already alongside Charlie Enright and Mark Towill in the previous two Volvo races, will once again be their “chief operator officer” in the 2021-2022 Ocean Race in the 11th Hour Racing team. BEN WRIGHT, who was with Groupama Team France in the 35th America’s Cup, has been hired as technical director. The American team has also confirmed that PASCAL BIDÉGORRY will be Charlie Enright’s co-skipper on the former Hugo Boss in the Transat Jacques Vabre.
- LALOU MULTI is hiring machine operators and laminators from October 2019 to work on the construction of the new Multi50 Arkema. More details are available by contacting them.
- MERCONCEPT is looking for an accountant with at least two years experience to develop its business; a full-time, permanent job based in Port-la-Forêt. They are looking for someone who can start work very quickly.
- GIANCARLO PEDOTE is looking for a boat captain for his Imoca Prysmian Group; job based in Lorient after the 2019 Transat Jacques Vabre.
- OUTREMER YACHTING is looking for an engineer for its industrial research team. A 12-month contract based in La Grande Motte, which is available immediately.
- EMIRATES TEAM NEW ZEALAND is looking for boat builders to build their second AC75 in the coming months.
- OCEAN DATA SYSTEM is looking for an onboard electronics engineer (software/hardware) and a technician to fit and set up equipment to cope with its development; permanent jobs based in Lorient available immediately.
[SERVICES ON OFFER]
- GUILLAUME DUPONT, previously with VPLP, is available for jobs in ocean racing and pleasure boat design and engineering.
- PIERRE-LARRY PETRONE, physio and sailor, is available for “training camps” for sailors along with Marie Dorin, Olympic biathlon champion, in Zecamp, a centre in Corrençon en Vercors.
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- The second edition of TIP & SHAFT/CONNECT PARIS will take place on Tuesday 17th September at the Théâtre de la Tour Eiffel (in the same place as the press conference for the Transat Jacques Vabre, scheduled for 5 p.m.), around the question of who is becoming increasingly important in sail racing: Does sustainable development offer leverage for sponsorships in sailing? Coffee to welcome you from 9 a.m., conference from 10.30 to 1 p.m. with a cocktail to follow. You can already reserve your place.
- ECOTREE, a company based in Brest specialising in planting trees and managing sustainable forests in France, has become the partner for Tip & Shaft/Connect Paris 2019 and will compensate for the carbon footprint of the event by planting seventy trees. They join other partners for the event: the TRANSAT JACQUES VABRE, headline partner, OC SPORT PEN DUICK and SO-BOAT, as well as EUROLARGE INNOVATION and the TRANSPAC TAHITI 2020.
- WORLD SAILING confirmed in a unanimous vote on Wednesday that the Laser will be the Olympic boat for the Paris Games in 2024.
- SYDNEY will host the first leg of the 2020 SailGP circuit on 28th and 29th February.
- THE HAGUE, which hosted the finish of the last Volvo Ocean Race, will host the round the world race for the third time in a row: the organisers of The Ocean Race announced that the capital of the Netherlands will host a leg in 2022.
- ARNAUD BOISSIÈRES (La Mie Câline-Artisans Artipôle) has become the first skipper to officially register for the 2020 Vendée Globe.
- SURVITEC has announced they are continuing their partnership with Alex Thomson Racing until the end of 2021, while HIGHFIELD has become the official supplier of RIBs to the Hugo Boss team.
- The 2020 YACHT RACING FORUM (25-26th November in Bilbao) has several new features, including a session entitled “New talent in sailing technology.” Christian Dumard will talk about the effects of climate change on sailing races and Vicky Low (World Sailing) will present women in sailing races. The list of speakers can be found here.
- HELSINKI will host the 12 Metre world championship in 2020 (16-23rd August).
- TSI INCORPORATED has become partner of American Magic.
- MERCONCEPT and 11TH HOUR RACING announced on Friday a strategic partnership that will include “the technical aspects and performance of the 11th Hour Racing Team“, as well as sharing intelligence and science.
- The SAEM VENDÉE invites bids for tender for the Vendée Globe, including the organisation and management of influencers and press relations for the 2020-2021 Vendée Globe“; applications need to be received by 14th October.
- AMERICAN MAGIC has quietly launched its AC75. The American challenger published a photo this week on Instagram of the boat with Dean Barker at the helm.
- LALOU MULTI will officially launch its composite and ocean racing centre in Le Verdon-sur-Mer on 27th September with a new 800m2 workshop.
Photo : American Magic / Amory Ross