Departures and nominations, jobs, trainings, service offers, announcements and partnerships, launches… all you have to know about Sailing Market.
[DEPARTURES & NOMINATIONS]
- KEVIN PEPONNET / JÉRÉMIE MION and CAMILLE LECOINTRE / ALOÏSE RETORNAZ have been officially selected in 470 for the Tokyo Olympics.
- MAXIME SOREL, who has already worked with the association for several years with his sailing projects is now the French patron of honour for Vaincre la Mucovicidose (Let’s beat cystic fibrosis).
- PAUL DAGAULT, who spent some time with Energy Team, Aleph and Spindrift, was hired by Soromap VMG as their SW France salesman after the firm was taken over by Bainbridge Unisails.
- LALOU MULTI is hiring machine operators and laminators from October 2019 to work on the construction of the new Multi50 Arkema. More details are available by contacting them.
- MERCONCEPT is looking for an accountant with at least two years experience to develop its business; a full-time, permanent job based in Port-la-Forêt. They are looking for someone who can start work very quickly.
- GIANCARLO PEDOTE is looking for a boat captain for his Imoca Prysmian Group; job based in Lorient after the 2019 Transat Jacques Vabre.
- OUTREMER YACHTING is looking for an engineer for its industrial research team. A 12-month contract based in La Grande Motte, which is available immediately.
- OCEAN DATA SYSTEM is looking for an onboard electronics engineer (software/hardware) and a technician to fit and set up equipment to cope with its development; permanent jobs based in Lorient available immediately.
- FRANCE SAILGP is hiring a winchman for the 2020 season. Applications must be sent by 15th November.
- FUTURE FIBRES is hiring a sales coordinator, based in Valencia (Spain), fluent in Spanish and English.
[SERVICES ON OFFER]
- GUILLAUME DUPONT, previously with VPLP, is available for jobs in ocean racing and pleasure boat design and engineering.
- PIERRE-LARRY PETRONE, ‘préparateur’ and sailor, is offering training camps for sailors in collaboration with Marie Dorin, Olympic biathlon champion at Zecamp, in Corrençon en Vercors.
- The ENVSN is offering offshore medical training on 20th, 21st and 25th November.
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- GENOA will host the finish in June 2022 of the next edition of The Ocean Race. This will be the first time that the round the world race launched in 1973 has been to Italy.
- THE YACHT CLUB DE FRANCE has become the supporting club for the Drheam-Cup, the third edition of which will take place from 18th to 27th July 2020 between Cherbourg and La Trinité-sur-Mer.
- The GRAND PAVOIS in La Rochelle welcomed 76,000 visitors. The 2020 edition will take place from 30th September to 5th October 2020.
- CDK TECHNOLOGIES is continuing to develop its site in Lorient by acquiring buildings that previously belonged to AML and by investing in new means of production (cutting machine for pre-impregnated cloth, machining tools, large oven), which will be up and running in early 2020.
- The steering committee at WORLD SAILING has adopted and published a revised version of of its proposal to reform the governance. They will be put to a vote at the AGM on 3rd November.
- ZHIK has become an official supplier for Alex Thomson Racing.
- INCIDENCE SAILS is opening Incidence Manche in Cherbourg on 1st October in the area previously occupied by Axe Sail, whose staff have been kept on in the new business.
- CHEMINÉES POUJOULAT announced on Wednesday they were ending their 16-year long partnership with Bernard Stamm with his participation in the Diam 24 circuit. The firm remains an official partner to the Tour Voile for two more editions.
- EVERIAL, partner this year for Clarisse Crémer and then Stan Thuret in the Figaro, will continue to back the latter in 2020, but this time in Class40, with The Transat and the Quebec-Saint-Malo on the programme. He will be racing on Halvard Mabire’s former Campagne de France.
- The WORLD MATCH RACING TOUR has acquired the Match Race Super League, which in 2020 will include a new set of events under the auspices of the WMRT.
- NARWHAL CHALLENGE. Le Village by CA Finistère and the Campus Mondial de la mer are launching the first edition of the Narwhal Challenge, an appeal to start-ups and backers of innovative projects in the marine sector. The candidates that are chosen will benefit from a week of tailor-made support in December. Applications open until 4th October.
Photo: The Ocean Race