Departures and nominations, jobs, trainings, service offers, announcements and partnerships, launches… all you have to know about Sailing Market.
- WORLD SAILING announced the names of the nominees for the awards of 2019 Sailors of the Year: In the women’s category, they selected Delphine Cousin Questel from France, Violeta del Reino from Spain and Anne-Marie Rindom from Denmark, while in the men’s category, they have chosen Antoine Albeau, the Australians, Mat Belcher/Will Ryan, the Italian, Marco Gradoni and French sailor, Francis Joyon. The result will be announced on 29th October, as will the Team of the Year, where there are four nominees, Australia SailGP Team, Alinghi (D35 Trophy), the crews of Wizard (winner of the Fastnet), and Wild Oats XI (winner of the Sydney-Hobart). The names of the four nominees for the sustainability award were also announced.
- 12 SAILORS have been named by the British Olympic Association (BOA) as the first Team GB athletes selected for Tokyo 2020.
- GIANCARLO PEDOTE is looking for a boat captain for his Imoca Prysmian Group; job based in Lorient after the 2019 Transat Jacques Vabre.
- OUTREMER YACHTING is looking for an engineer for its industrial research team. A 12-month contract based in La Grande Motte, which is available immediately.
- FRANCE SAILGP is hiring a winchman for the 2020 season. Applications must be sent by 15th November.
- FUTURE FIBRES is hiring a sales coordinator, based in Valencia (Spain), fluent in Spanish and English.
- The GOLDEN GLOBE RACE is looking for a media manager for its second edition in 2022 and the first Ocean Globe Race in 2023.
- NAUTIX is hiring someone to take care of their marketing and communications. They must be fluent in English; a permanent job based in Guidel (Brittany).
[SERVICES ON OFFER]
- GUILLAUME DUPONT, previously with VPLP, is available for jobs in ocean racing and pleasure boat design and engineering.
- PIERRE-LARRY PETRONE, ‘préparateur’ and sailor, is offering training camps for sailors in collaboration with Marie Dorin, Olympic biathlon champion at Zecamp, in Corrençon en Vercors.
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- SÉBASTIEN MARSSET joined Team Vendée Formation in August with the aim of setting up a project for the 2024 Vendée Globe.
- IDEC SPORT has unveiled the calendar for Francis Joyon’s Asian Tour with four record attempts, including the Mauritius Route sailed solo from late October, and the Clipper Route from Hong Kong-London with a crew.
- 20 WINDSURFERS were involved from 29th September to 3rd October on Lake Garda in the trials for the five boards selected for the 2024 Olympics. The outcome will be announced at the next annual conference of World Sailing in Bermuda.
- PACIFIC GAMES GRAND PRIX, the first event reserved for the Diam 24 class initially scheduled for November, has been postponed until 2020 (27th February-7th March) due to a lack of competitors, while the entrance fee has been reduced.
- SQUID is launching a new version of its Squid X (1.9.0) software with inverse routing.
[FOR SALE AND HIRE]
- YVAN GRIBOVAL has bought the former Beau Geste (which became Cabron), an 80-foot Botin design launched in 2013, aboard which he will carry out a Scientific Expedition on the Ocean in the Southern Winter with a crew from June to September 2020.
Photo: World Sailing