Departures and nominations, jobs, trainings, service offers, announcements and partnerships, launches… all you have to know about Sailing Market.
[DEPARTURES & NOMINATIONS]
- EMMANUEL VERSACE has joined the team for The Race Around, and represents the organiser, 5Ocean Sport Marketing, in France.
- EFFETS MER is now in charge of the communications (media, digital, photo /video) for the ETF26 Series in collaboration with Chiara Aliprandi.
- The F50, ICHI BAN and the SUN FAST 3300 are the three boats nominated for the title of 2019 Boat of the Year, which will be awarded by World Sailing in Bermuda on 29th October.
- PROVEZZA have been honoured as the 52 Super Series greenest team of the year.
- MERCONCEPT is looking for an an onboard electronics engineer/onboard systems/developmen projects, with at least three years of experience in ocean racing. Permanent job based in Port-la-Forêt.
- BEFOIL is looking for a salesman for France and abroad. Permanent job based in Lorient. The firm is also hiring a workshop technician to strengthen its team as soon as possible temporarily.
- OUTREMER YACHTING is looking for an engineer for its industrial research team. A 12-month contract based in La Grande Motte, which is available immediately.
- FRANCE SAILGP is hiring a winchman for the 2020 season. Applications must be sent by 15th November.
- NAUTIX is hiring someone to take care of their marketing and communications. They must be fluent in English; a permanent job based in Guidel (Brittany).
- OC SPORT PEN DUICK is looking for a graphic designer. Permanent job based in Lorient.
[SERVICES ON OFFER]
- PIERRE-LARRY PETRONE, ‘préparateur’ and sailor, is offering training camps for sailors in collaboration with Marie Dorin, Olympic biathlon champion at Zecamp, in Corrençon en Vercors.
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- PODCAST. The tenth episode of INTO THE WIND, the Tip & Shaft podcast talks to KITO DE PAVANT. Over the past year, the Tip & Shaft there have been more than 100,000 downloads of the podcasts. They are available on all the different platforms: iTunes, Deezer, Spotify, SoundClound, Google Podcasts… as well as on the Tip & Shaft website.
- The 2019 MIRABAUD SAILING VIDEO AWARD will be announced at the Yacht Racing Forum in Bilbao (25-26th November). The candidates have until 23rd October to send in their video.
- THE OCEAN RACE was given special event status by World Sailing for the 2021-2022 and 2025-2026 races.
- THE TRANSAT AG2R LA MONDIALE has published its Notice of Race, officially opening registrations for the 2020 edition (start on 19th April).
- MARLOW ROPES has become official supplier for the 11th Hour Racing team for The Ocean Race 2021-2022.
- CONDÉ NAST ENTERTAINMENT is going to produce a documentary series following the American challenge, Stars + Stripes USA during their campaign for the 36th America’s Cup. MCKINSLEY & CO has been signed up as technology partner for the challenger.
- HALO has signed up as partner for the British Olympic sailing team.
- The FINN CLASS has announced they have sent eight submissions to World Sailing to reintroduce the Finn to the Olympics at the Paris games in 2024.
- The GLOBE 40 published its Notice of Race on Wednesday, opening the pre-registration process for the double-handed Class40 race around the world with stopovers which will take place in 2021/2022.
- The ETF26 SERIES unveiled its calendar for the 2020 season. It will include five legs from April to September.
- THE HUB BY OC SPORT and THE MAGENTA PROJECT organised last week in Lorient a workshop for women entering the world of ocean racing.
- On Thursday, SAILGP presented all its figures for the first season of the circuit created by Larry Ellison and Russell Coutts.
- The calendar for the M32 NORTH AMERICAN SERIES 2020 has been unveiled.
- BOUWE BEKKING along with Pelle Norberg and Gideon Messink announced the launching of a Swedish campaign in the VO65 class for The Ocean Race, supporting the World Childhood Foundation.
Photo : Alexis Courcoux / Transat AG2R La Mondiale