Departures and nominations, jobs, trainings, service offers, announcements and partnerships, launches… all you have to know about Sailing Market.
[DEPARTURES & NOMINATIONS]
- ANDY HUNT announced on Wednesday that he will be leaving his post as Managing Director of World sailing at the end of 2019, explaining that he will be taking “on a new role in international sport.”
- MERCONCEPT is looking for an an onboard electronics engineer/onboard systems/developmen projects, with at least three years of experience in ocean racing. Permanent job based in Port-la-Forêt.
- BEFOIL is looking for a salesman for France and abroad. Permanent job based in Lorient. The firm is also hiring a workshop technician to strengthen its team as soon as possible temporarily.
- OUTREMER YACHTING is looking for an engineer for its industrial research team. A 12-month contract based in La Grande Motte, which is available immediately.
- FRANCE SAILGP is hiring a winchman for the 2020 season. Applications must be sent by 15th November.
- NAUTIX is hiring someone to take care of their marketing and communications. They must be fluent in English; a permanent job based in Guidel (Brittany).
- EMIRATES TEAM NEW ZEALAND is looking for a junior data acquisition/mechatronics engineer, job based in Auckland, available at the end of November.
- TRISTAN COMPAIN, who studies at the Technology University in Compiègne, is looking for a project for his thesis for six months with an ocean racing team from March 2020.
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- PODCAST. The tenth episode of INTO THE WIND, the Tip & Shaft podcast talks to KITO DE PAVANT. Over the past year, the Tip & Shaft there have been more than 100,000 downloads of the podcasts. They are available on all the different platforms: iTunes, Deezer, Spotify, SoundClound, Google Podcasts… as well as on the Tip & Shaft website.
- The 2019 MIRABAUD SAILING VIDEO AWARD will be announced at the Yacht Racing Forum in Bilbao (25-26th November). The candidates have until 23rd October to send in their video.
- THE TRANSAT will have CIC as title partner for its 60th anniversary edition next year. The Transat CIC will set sail from Brest in France to Charleston in the USA on May 10th 2020.
- YOANN RICHOMME announced this week that he has given up hoping to compete in the 2020 Vendée Globe, preferring to focus on a more ambitious project for 2024.
- ITAJAI will for the fourth time in a row host a leg of The Ocean Race in the next edition in 2021-2022.
- VIRTUAL REGATTA has extended its partnership with World Sailing until 2028 with a new feature including offshore racing.
- KARVER SYSTEMS has moved its sales team and since 1st October has been based on the site of Lorient La Base.
- THE RACE AROUND, the round the world race for Class40 scheduled for 2023, will be sailed double-handed, but the organisers are looking at opening it to solo sailors.
- ALAN ROURA has become an ambassador for the Swiss firm, Montblanc
- FRANÇOIS GABART has become an ambassador for 11th Hour Racing.
- KLAXOON and MOKEN have signed up as partners for François Gabart’s Macif trimaran.
- THE OCEAN GLOBE RACE 2023 has seen its first entrants registered with British sailors, Tracy Edwards and Alan Macmillan Orr, Finn, Tapio Lehtinen and Frenchman, Dominique Dubois, owner of the Multiplast yard announcing their intention to take part in the remake of the first Whitbread from 1973.
Photo: Yvan Zedda / Solitaire du Figaro