On the market: sail racing moves
Departures and nominations, jobs, trainings, service offers, announcements and partnerships, launches… all you have to know about Sailing Market.
[DEPARTURES & NOMINATIONS]
- STEWART HOSFORD left his post as CEO of Alex Thomson Racing on 18th October to join the Origin Sports Group belonging to Sir Keith Mills.
- ERWAN LE DRAOULEC won the Skipper Macif 2020 Selection and will be at the helm of a Figaro in the colours of Macif for the next two years.
- MERCONCEPT is looking for an an onboard electronics engineer/onboard systems/developmen projects, with at least three years of experience in ocean racing. Permanent job based in Port-la-Forêt.
- BEFOIL is looking for a salesman for France and abroad. Permanent job based in Lorient. The firm is also hiring a workshop technician to strengthen its team as soon as possible temporarily.
- EMIRATES TEAM NEW ZEALAND is looking for a junior data acquisition/mechatronics engineer, job based in Auckland, available at the end of November.
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- PODCAST. The tenth episode of INTO THE WIND, the Tip & Shaft podcast talks to KITO DE PAVANT. Over the past year, the Tip & Shaft there have been more than 100,000 downloads of the podcasts. They are available on all the different platforms: iTunes, Deezer, Spotify, SoundClound, Google Podcasts… as well as on the Tip & Shaft website.
- HELLY HANSEN has signed up as official supplier to the team organising the Brest Atlantiques and as technical partner to Sébastien Rogues on the Multi50 Primonial.
- 80 PHOTOS have been pre-selected for the MIRABAUD YACHT RACING IMAGE, with voting open to the public. The winner will be announced at the Yacht Racing Forum in Bilbao (25-26th November).
- WORLD SAILING has opened voting for male and female World Sailor of the Year.
- Registration for the IRC/ORC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP on Rhode Island’s Narragansett Bay (USA) opens on Friday.
- The organisers of the GLOBE 40 have unveiled the list of six boats pre-registered for the 2021-2022 double-handed round the world race with stopovers.
- AWLGRIP, made by the AkzoNobel Group, has become an official supplier to the American challenger for the 36th America’s Cup, American Magic.
- KUEHNE+NAGEL has signed up as partner for the 2019 Transat Jacques Vabre for the #MyOceanChallenge project run by Boris Herrmann’s Team Malizia.
Photo : Alex Thomson Racing