Departures and nominations, jobs, trainings, service offers, announcements and partnerships, launches… all you have to know about Sailing Market.
[DEPARTURES & NOMINATIONS]
- MARCO GRADONI has been nominated World Sailor of the Year 2019 on Tuesday at the Annual Conference of World Sailing. The three times world champion of the Optimist class, at aged 15, is the youngest ever winner of the trophy. The Danish woman ANNE-MARIE RINDOM, double world champion in the Laser Radial received the female sailor of the year award.
- The F50 won the award as boat of the year from World Sailing while at the same ceremony the RYA won the sustainability award for their Green Blue initiative. WIZARD, the team lead by Charlie Enright notably winners of the Fastnet Race are Team of the Year. Recognition too for DAVID GRAHAM, the Director of Oman Sail, who received the” Presidential Achievement Award” for his contribution to sailing in Oman. There was a posthumous title for JEFF MARTIN, in the shape of the Beppe Croce Trophy for his contributions to World Sailing and the Laser Class
- BRICE MENAY has rejoined OC Sport in a role with responsibility for parternships.
- CÉDRIC RAFIN and GUILLAUME PIROUELLE have been recruited by Karver, Rafin in commercial export and Pirouelle in the research and development department.
- MATTHEW BARBER has rejoined the British SailGP team as a grinder for the 2020 season replacing Neil Hunter who is now with Ineos Team UK (via EuroSail News).
- MERCONCEPT is looking for an an onboard electronics engineer/onboard systems/developmen projects, with at least three years of experience in ocean racing. Permanent job based in Port-la-Forêt.
- BEFOIL is looking for a salesman for France and abroad. Permanent job based in Lorient. The firm is also hiring a workshop technician to strengthen its team as soon as possible temporarily.
- MULTIPLAST are looking for an all round craftsman to work on prototypes (man or woman) fixed term contract based in Vannes and a composite supply manager (man/woman) fluent in English with a permanent contract based in Lausanne
- NORBERT SEDLACEK is looking for technicians/boat builders in wood and/or composites to support his project Ant-Arctic-Lab in Les Sables d’Olonne.
- GIANCARLO PEDOTE is looking for a multiskilled all round preparateur to support his Imoca Prymian Group. Self reliant and motivated he/she needs composite experience and an attention to detail. The post is based in Lorient after the Transat Jacques Vabre 2019.
- PLASTIMO are looking for a communications officer and a digital communications manager and a deputy to the administrative and financial manager; all contracted posts are based in Lorient.
- PANTAENIUS MONACO is looking for a yacht claim handler. Position, based in Monaco, will suit an ex crew member or someone who is experienced with the yachting industry and /or insurance. English language is required, bilingual (French or Italian) is a bonus. Contact: Olivier de Roffignac.
- TRISTAN COMPAIN, who studies at the Technology University in Compiègne, is looking for a project for his thesis for six months with an ocean racing team from March 2020.
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- PODCAST. The tenth episode of INTO THE WIND, the Tip & Shaft podcast talks to KITO DE PAVANT. Over the past year, the Tip & Shaft there have been more than 100,000 downloads of the podcasts. They are available on all the different platforms: iTunes, Deezer, Spotify, SoundClound, Google Podcasts… as well as on the Tip & Shaft website.
- SAN FRANCISCO (2-3 May) and NEW YORK (12-13 June) will both welcome a stage of the SailGP just as they did in 2019..
- The calendar for the M32 EUROPEAN SERIES 2020 has been published, with five regattas between May and September including MIAMI which hosts the world championship between 16 and 22 November.
- Voting for the MIRABAUD SAILING VIDEO AWARD is now open to the 18 November, the public being invited to chose between 34 pre selected videos.
- ADRENA now will launch version 17 of its programme at the Salon Nautique de Paris.
- WORLD SAILING signed an agreement with the defender Emirates Team New Zealand and the challenger of record Luna Rossa Challenge, to reintegrate the Americas Cup to “Special Events” status as recognised by World Sailing. The world governing body also confirmed the Australian Richard Slater as chief umpire for the 36th edition.
- TALENT SEARCH BE Racing, based in Saint-Malo, have launched their Espoir programme for 2020, candidates need to apply before January 2020.
Photo : World Sailing