Departures and nominations, jobs, trainings, service offers, announcements and partnerships, launches… all you have to know about Sailing Market.
[DEPARTURES & NOMINATIONS]
- AMORY ROSS has been named director of photography and video for 11th Hour Racing Team as the team continue their build up towards The Ocean Race. Veteran on board reporter Ross will sail on 11th Hour Racing for the return passage to France
- MERCONCEPT is hiring an experienced mechanical engineer for the Apivia project. The permanent job will be based in Port-la-Forêt (France).
- THE MACIF FIGARO TEAM is looking for a technical assistant for the whole of the 2020 season. They would prefer someone with experience. Both boats are based in Port-La Forêt (France). Travel required during races. The job starts on 6th January.
- MULTIPLAST are looking for an all round craftsman to work on prototypes (man or woman) fixed term contract based in Vannes (France) and a composite supply manager (man/woman) fluent in English with a permanent contract based in Lausanne (Switzerland).
- LE PÔLE FINISTÈRE COURSE AU LARGE is looking to recruit a technical préparateur for the Figaro 3, experience is requited, the position is a fixed term contract starting from 6th January 2020 for a duration of about 130 days based at Port-La-Forêt (France), with some travel.
- GIANCARLO PEDOTE is looking for a multiskilled all round preparateur to support his Imoca Prymian Group. Self reliant and motivated he/she needs composite experience and an attention to detail. The post is based in Lorient (France) after the Transat Jacques Vabre 2019.
- PLASTIMO are looking for a communications officer and a digital communications manager and a deputy to the administrative and financial manager; all contracted posts are based in Lorient (France).
- PANTAENIUS MONACO is looking for a yacht claim handler. Position, based in Monaco, will suit an ex crew member or someone who is experienced with the yachting industry and /or insurance. English language is required, bilingual (French or Italian) is a bonus.
- GUNBOAT is looking for its After-Sales Service Manager for the follow-up and technical support of the Gunboat 68; permanent position based at La Grande Motte (France)
- HYANA TESNIÈRE, an engineering student at the ENSTA school in Brittany (France), who specialises in marine and offshore architecture, is looking for a training period as an assistant engineer for three months from June 2020.
- AVEL ROBOTICS is offering a training course in business management in close contact with the head. They are looking for someone in their final year at business school for at least 4 months of work from January in Lorient (France).
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- MINI-TRANSAT ‘HOW TO’:Tip & Shaft are planning a how to “How to prepa a Good Mini-Transat” in Paris on Sunday 8th December (during the first weekend of the Paris Nautic). It will be presented by the past President of the Classe Mini Lucas Montagne.
- WIND the first festival of competitive sailing films co-organised by Tip & Shaft et Poppop, will run on Tuesday 4 February at 9h30 at the Grand Rex in Paris. On the programme are unpublished and exclusive films featuring some of the greatest current sailors on the screen and in the room, live in person. Info and reservations on wind-festival.com.
- PODCAST. The 11th episode of the INTO THE WIND, the Tip & Shaft podcast welcomes MICHEL DESJOYEAUX. Tip & Shaft has passed 120 000 downloads. As with all the podcasts it is available on all the main platforms iTunes, Deezer, Spotify, SoundClound, Google Podcasts… also on the site for Tip & Shaft.
- COWES as it did in 2019, will welcome the fourth stage of the second season of SailGP between the 14 and 15 August 2020.
- LA BAIE DE SAINT-BRIEUC will be the arena for the start of the Solitaire du Figaro 2020. The start of the race, which will now take place in August and September, will be on August 30 in Saint-Quay-Portrieux, where the race village will open on the 26th.
- ULYSSE NARDIN have become the official official time keeper for the Vendée Globe 2020/2021.
- WORLD SAILING has opened the host candidature process for world championships, youth world championships and women’s match racing world championships for the years 2021, 2022 and 2023.
Photo : SailGP
To subscribe to our free newsletter