Departures and nominations, jobs, trainings, service offers, announcements and partnerships, launches… all you have to know about Sailing Market.
[DEPARTURES & NOMINATIONS]
- ROBIN FOLLIN has been chosen among 14 candidates to take the helm of the Figaro 3 Tremplin Sud for the 2020 season. The project is still looking for a headline partner.
- BRUNO DUBOIS has been hired “in an advisory capacity” for The Mirpuri Foundation Racing Team, which was officially launched last Friday in Lisbon and which will compete aboard the VO65 Racing for the Planet in the next edition of The Ocean Race.
- CATHERINE CHABAUD will be president of the jury for the 2019 French Sailor of the Year award ceremony, which takes place on 7th December at the Nautic Boat Show in Paris.
- 22 FIRMS have been pre-selected for the final of the Marine innovation competition, which will be held at the Nautic on 14th December.
- The Volvo 70 WIZARD (Peter & David Askew) has been named boat of the year at the annual RORC prize-giving ceremony, while the Sun Fast 3600 BLACK SHEEP (Trevor Middleton) was awarded the prize for top IRC boat on points.
- MERCONCEPT is hiring an experienced mechanical engineer for the Apivia project. The permanent job will be based in Port-la-Forêt (France).
- THE MACIF FIGARO TEAM is looking for a technical assistant for the whole of the 2020 season. They would prefer someone with experience. Both boats are based in Port-La Forêt (France). Travel required during races. The job starts on 6th January.
- MULTIPLAST are looking for an all round craftsman to work on prototypes (man or woman) fixed term contract based in Vannes (France) and a composite supply manager (man/woman) fluent in English with a permanent contract based in Lausanne (Switzerland).
- LE PÔLE FINISTÈRE COURSE AU LARGE is looking to recruit a technical préparateur for the Figaro 3, experience is requited, the position is a fixed term contract starting from 6th January 2020 for a duration of about 130 days based at Port-La-Forêt (France), with some travel.
- GIANCARLO PEDOTE is looking for a multiskilled all round preparateur to support his Imoca Prymian Group. Self reliant and motivated he/she needs composite experience and an attention to detail. The post is based in Lorient (France) after the Transat Jacques Vabre 2019.
- PLASTIMO are looking for a communications officer and a digital communications manager and a deputy to the administrative and financial manager; all contracted posts are based in Lorient (France).
- PANTAENIUS MONACO is looking for a yacht claim handler. Position, based in Monaco, will suit an ex crew member or someone who is experienced with the yachting industry and /or insurance. English language is required, bilingual (French or Italian) is a bonus.
- GUNBOAT is looking for its After-Sales Service Manager for the follow-up and technical support of the Gunboat 68; permanent position based at La Grande Motte (France).
- CAPONNETTO HUEBER (Hydrodynamics, CFD & Design) is opening 3 new positions : 1 senior Marine CFD analyst and developer / Marine Engineer with at least 6 years of experience in the Maritime world ; 1 Naval Architect specialized in Hydrodynamics / Project Manager with at least 4 years of experience in the Maritime world ; 1 Mathematician, Data scientist and Programmer, with a minimum of 4 years of experience in his field and preferably passionate about boats.
- YANNICK BESTAVEN is looking for a multi-skilled ‘préparateur’/sailor for his Imoca Maître Coq 4 for the 2020 Vendée Globe. Permanent job available as soon as possible based in La Rochelle.
- INITIATIVES COEUR is looking for a rigger for Sam Davies’s Imoca. Experience required. Fixed length contract until the 2020 Vendée Globe. Job already open.
- SPINDRIFT RACING is looking for an electronics expert to look after and fine tune the installations aboard Spindrift 2, and to manage the team’s equipment. Full time job based in La Trinité-sur-Mer.
- AVEL ROBOTICS is offering a training course in business management in close contact with the head. They are looking for someone in their final year at business school for at least 4 months of work from January in Lorient (France).
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- MINI-TRANSAT ‘HOW TO’:Tip & Shaft are planning a how to “How to prepa a Good Mini-Transat” in Paris on Sunday 8th December (during the first weekend of the Paris Nautic). It will be presented by the past President of the Classe Mini Lucas Montagne.
- WIND the first festival of competitive sailing films co-organised by Tip & Shaft et Poppop, will run on Tuesday 4 February at 9h30 at the Grand Rex in Paris. On the programme are unpublished and exclusive films featuring some of the greatest current sailors on the screen and in the room, live in person. Info and reservations on wind-festival.com.
- PODCAST. The 11th episode of the INTO THE WIND, the Tip & Shaft podcast welcomes MICHEL DESJOYEAUX. Tip & Shaft has passed 120 000 downloads. As with all the podcasts it is available on all the main platforms iTunes, Deezer, Spotify, SoundClound, Google Podcasts… also on the site for Tip & Shaft.
- THE NEW YORK YACHT CLUB has released its schedule of regattas in 2020.
- The 2019 YACHT RACING FORUM, for which Tip & Shaft is once again a partner – we would be glad to meet you – takes place on Monday and Tuesday in Bilbao. See the full programme here, and the list of speakers here.
- WATER FAMILY, Benjamin Dutreux’s IMOCA was hit in the marina in Salvador da Bahia by a passenger vessel, which damaged her starboard side, delaying the delivery trip, which the skipper wants to sail alone back to les Sables d’Olonne.
- WORLD SAILING and the CONSEIL INTERNATIONAL DU SPORT MILITAIRE have signed a four year partnership aimed at developing competitive sailing for military sportsmen.
- The GRAND PRIX PACIFIQUE DES JEUX in Diam 24, rescheduled for late February (originally planned for November 2019), requires a budget of 7000€ per person “all inclusive”. Start on 27th February. Return on 7th March.
- The first CORSICA MED takes place from 4th to 10th May, and will include the Mini Med in Mini 6.50, which has been raced since 2018 on a non-stop 516 mile race course, and a two leg race for IRC boats between Marseille and Macinaggio.
- STÉPHANE LE DIRAISON announced at the end of the Transat Jacques Vabre that his 60-foot Time for Oceans would be entering the yard on 15th December at Multiplast, where she will be fitted with foils, a new coach roof and new rudders.
- The 52 SUPER SERIES has extended their agreement with bespoke logistics suppliers Peters & May for a further three years
- SP80 is the name of a new project launched by three students at the Ecole polytechnique in Lausanne, aimed at smashing the world speed record in 2022, which has been held since 2012 by Paul Larsen on Vestas Sailrocket 2 (65.45 knots).
Photo: Brian Carlin