Departures and nominations, jobs, trainings, service offers, announcements and partnerships, launches… all you have to know about Sailing Market.
[DEPARTURES & NOMINATIONS]
- MATTHIEU MASQUELIER (ex Société Générale) is the new head of sponsoring for Corum.
- ELODIE BONAFOUS, VIOLETTE DORANGE et MILENA SCHOENAHL are the three finalists of the Brittany CMB Ocean Selection after a week of tests in Port-la-Forêt. The final will take place from 9th to 13th December.
- WORLD SAILING has unveiled the names of the 60 officials (referees, measurers, race directors) who will be in charge of the Olympic races in the Tokyo Games.
- CAPONNETTO HUEBER (Hydrodynamics, CFD & Design) is opening 3 new positions : 1 senior Marine CFD analyst and developer / Marine Engineer with at least 6 years of experience in the Maritime world ; 1 Naval Architect specialized in Hydrodynamics / Project Manager with at least 4 years of experience in the Maritime world ; 1 Mathematician, Data scientist and Programmer, with a minimum of 4 years of experience in his field and preferably passionate about boats.
- THE MACIF FIGARO TEAM is looking for a technical assistant for the whole of the 2020 season. They would prefer someone with experience. Both boats are based in Port-La Forêt (France). Travel required during races. The job starts on 6th January.
- MULTIPLAST is looking for an all round craftsman to work on prototypes (man or woman) fixed term contract based in Vannes (France) and a composite supply manager (man/woman) fluent in English with a permanent contract based in Lausanne (Switzerland).
- PLASTIMO is looking for a communications officer and a digital communications manager and a deputy to the administrative and financial manager; all contracted posts are based in Lorient (France).
- GUNBOAT is looking for its After-Sales Service Manager for the follow-up and technical support of the Gunboat 68; permanent position based at La Grande Motte (France).
- SPINDRIFT RACING is looking for an electronics expert to look after and fine tune the installations aboard Spindrift 2, and to manage the team’s equipment. Full time job based in La Trinité-sur-Mer.
- DÉCISION have two posts on offer: one for a composites prototyping technician, the other for an engineering technician in composites design and specification ; the first post is Fixed Term but can become long term contract the second is on a rolling contract, both based in Lucerne, Switzerland.
- AVEL ROBOTICS is offering a training course in business management in close contact with the head. They are looking for someone in their final year at business school for at least 4 months of work from January in Lorient (France).
- SACHA VANDEBROUCK, a student in electrical mechanics at the Ecole Centrale des arts et métiers (ECAM) in Brussels, is looking for an unpaid internship as an engineer between 30th March and 22nd May in the world of ocean racing.
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- MINI-TRANSAT ‘HOW TO’:Tip & Shaft are planning a how to “How to prepa a Good Mini-Transat” in Paris on Sunday 8th December (during the first weekend of the Paris Nautic). It will be presented by the past President of the Classe Mini Lucas Montagne.
- WIND the first festival of competitive sailing films co-organised by Tip & Shaft et Poppop, will run on Tuesday 4 February at 9h30 at the Grand Rex in Paris. On the programme are unpublished and exclusive films featuring some of the greatest current sailors on the screen and in the room, live in person. Info and reservations on wind-festival.com.
- PODCAST. The 11th episode of the INTO THE WIND, the Tip & Shaft podcast welcomes MICHEL DESJOYEAUX. Tip & Shaft has passed 150 000 downloads. As with all the podcasts it is available on all the main platforms iTunes, Deezer, Spotify, SoundClound, Google Podcasts… also on the site for Tip & Shaft.
- YANN ELIÈS has announced today Friday that he will not compete in the Vendée Globe 2020 because of the lack of time to build a new IMOCA.
- CLÉMENT GIRAUD has announced the withdrawal of his title partner, Fortil, which compromised his chances of racing in the Vendée Globe, especially since he does not know if his IMOCA, damaged in a fire in Le Havre, is repairable.
- WORLD SAILING published a document this week announcing its strategy and recommendations to favour access to sailing for women.
- AUCKLAND will once again host a stopover in the next edition of The Ocean Race.
- OLYMPIC SAILING WEEK IN HYÈRES will take place from 18th to 25th April in 2020. it will host the ten Olympic series for the Tokyo Games and two guest series for the 2024 Paris Games, windfoil and the mixed 470.
- The NORMANDY CHANNEL RACE will take place in September 2020 starting on 13th, with the organiser Sirius Evènements seeing their contract with local authorities and partners renewed until 2022.
- HEOL COMPOSITES and COSTARD SÉRIGRAPHIE presented a process allowing the manufacture of composite parts at the Met Amsterdam using electro-luminescent messages.
- TEAM JOLOKIA opened its selection process for the 2020 crew; Candidates have until 15th December to apply.
- BE RACING is launching its 2020 selection for youngsters between 18 and 25. Applications must be sent before 21st January.
Photo : Alexis Courcoux