- MICHELE PAOLETTI will be Azzurra’s new tactician for the 2020 52 Super Series.
- CAMILLE LECOINTRE and ALOÏSE RETORNAZ , European champions and world bronze medallists in 470 in 2019, received the French Sailor of the Year Trophy. FABIEN PIANAZZA, junior world champion in RS:X, was chosen as promising newcomer of the year.
- JAMES SPITHILL and BIANCA COOK are the ambassadors for the new Sydney to Auckland Yacht Race, which starts on 30th January 2021.
- CAPONNETTO HUEBER (Hydrodynamics, CFD & Design) is opening 3 new positions : 1 senior Marine CFD analyst and developer / Marine Engineer with at least 6 years of experience in the Maritime world ; 1 Naval Architect specialized in Hydrodynamics / Project Manager with at least 4 years of experience in the Maritime world ; 1 Mathematician, Data scientist and Programmer, with a minimum of 4 years of experience in his field and preferably passionate about boats.
- MULTIPLAST is looking for an all round craftsman to work on prototypes (man or woman) fixed term contract based in Vannes (France) and a composite supply manager (man/woman) fluent in English with a permanent contract based in Lausanne (Switzerland).
- PLASTIMO is looking for a communications officer and a digital communications manager and a deputy to the administrative and financial manager; all contracted posts are based in Lorient (France).
- GUNBOAT is looking for its After-Sales Service Manager for the follow-up and technical support of the Gunboat 68; permanent position based at La Grande Motte (France).
- SPINDRIFT RACING is looking for an electronics expert to look after and fine tune the installations aboard Spindrift 2, and to manage the team’s equipment. Full time job based in La Trinité-sur-Mer.
- DÉCISION have two posts on offer: one for a composites prototyping technician, the other for an engineering technician in composites design and specification ; the first post is Fixed Term but can become long term contract the second is on a rolling contract, both based in Lucerne, Switzerland.
- THE ROYAL CANADIAN YACHT CLUB is looking for his director of sailing.
- OC SPORT PEN DUICK is looking for a trainee to work on sponsoring/partnerships. Six month course from early January based in Lorient with travel to events.
- GENERALI is offering an internship in managing sailing accident claims for six months in Saint-Denis with the post open from April 2020.
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- WIND the first festival of competitive sailing films co-organised by Tip & Shaft et Poppop, will run on Tuesday 4 February at 9h30 at the Grand Rex in Paris. On the programme are unpublished and exclusive films featuring some of the greatest current sailors on the screen and in the room, live in person. Info and reservations on wind-festival.com.
- PODCAST. The 11th episode of the INTO THE WIND, the Tip & Shaft podcast welcomes MICHEL DESJOYEAUX. Tip & Shaft has passed 150 000 downloads. As with all the podcasts it is available on all the main platforms iTunes, Deezer, Spotify, SoundClound, Google Podcasts… also on the site for Tip & Shaft.
- ROCKWOOL will be the headline sponsor for the Denmark Sail GP Team, the new team that is joining the SailGP circuit for three years from 2020, with Nicolai Sehested at the helm.
- The next YOUTH AMERICA’S CUP will take place in three phases, with the first fleet event in China in November 2020, match-racing in Auckland from 18th to 23rd February 2021, before the final once again in Auckland from 8th to 12th March. Open to 18-24 year olds, it will be raced on a new one design foiling boat, the AC9F, designed and built by Yachting Developments.
- ZHIK as signed up as partner to the ENVSN for 2020.
- AMERICAN MAGIC has announced its winter training programme on its AC75 The Defiant, which as in 2018 will take place in Pensacola (Florida).
- The GUYADER SAILING TEAM will have a new boat from the 2020 season, a TS5, which will display the colours of Guyader Gastronomie & MExT. She will be skippered by Bart Vanhaverbeke, CEO of the MExT firm. The project will come to a climax with the 2022 Route du Rhum in which Gwen Chapalain will race.
- The GUYADER GRAND PRIX is changing its date in 2020, as it will take place from 15th to 22nd August instead of early May as in the past few years.
- The TRANSAT AG2R LA MONDIALE has a new visual look and a new website.
- The ROUND BELLE-ILE RACE will not be held in 2020. The organisers will be too busy with Romain Pilliard’s Use it Again ! project for The Transat CIC, the next edition of which will start on 8th May 2021.
- NORTH SAILS FRANCE has announced it has opened new 500 m² premises in Lorient in the former Tonnerre Sails building.
- TANGIER will host the start of the Globe 40 double-handed race around the world with stopovers on Class40 boats, which will take place in 2021/2022.
- HIGHFIELD and HONDA MARINE have signed a partnership with the Vendée Globe for the second edition in a row. 46 RIBs fitted with 48 engines will be supplied to the organisers.
- The 2020 QUEBEC-SAINT-MALO starts on 12th July. This edition will be open to Multi50s, Imocas, Class40 and Open monohulls and multihulls.
The RYA is looking for applications from sailors wanting to compete for Britain in the World mixed offshore championship in 2020 in Malta. The selection will be made during the RORC Channel Race in early August in Cowes.
Tickets for the 2020 OCEAN GAMES, which are due to take place on 26th September at the Jean-Bouin Stadium in Paris, are now available.
The MED SEA RACE was officially launched on Monday. This new double-handed race with stopovers in the Mediterranean (with a stopover in Marseille) which will last a fortnight in May-June 2021, is part of the French Figaro elite offshore championship. Guillaume Rotée will be the Race Director.