Departures and nominations, jobs, trainings, service offers, announcements and partnerships, launches… all you have to know about Sailing Market.
[DEPARTURES & NOMINATIONS]
- KARVER won two Dame Awards in the rigging-deck hardware category at the Mets in Amsterdam for their winch Compact KCW45 and carbon winch handle, KWH.
- JONAS GERCKENS was awarded the Safran d’Or (Golden Rudder award) in the offshore race category at a ceremony organised by the Belgian Sailing Federation aimed at rewarding the nest sailors of 2019.
- The JEANNEAU SUN FAST 3300 was elected Boat of the Year by American magazine Sailing World.
- PIERRE-ANDRÉ HUGLO was awarded top prize in the cruising awards at the Nautic by the Sail the World association after sailing around the world via the three capes without using an engine or electronics in the framework of the Longue Route.
- HERVÉ GAUTIER is the new Race Director for the 2020 Drheam Cup (18-27 July).
- CAPONNETTO HUEBER (Hydrodynamics, CFD & Design) recruits : 1 Naval Architect specialized in Hydrodynamics / Project Manager with at least 4 years of experience in the Maritime world ; 1 Mathematician, Data scientist and Programmer, with a minimum of 4 years of experience in his field ; 1 Marine CFD and Software developer with at least 4 years of experience.
- PLASTIMO is looking for a communications officer and a digital communications manager and a deputy to the administrative and financial manager; all contracted posts are based in Lorient (France).
- GUNBOAT is looking for its After-Sales Service Manager for the follow-up and technical support of the Gunboat 68; permanent position based at La Grande Motte (France).
- THE ROYAL CANADIAN YACHT CLUB is looking for his director of sailing.
- The FIGARO BENETEAU CLASS is looking for a technical coordinator. Part time job based in Lorient available immediately.
- OC SPORT PEN DUICK is looking for a trainee to work on sponsoring/partnerships. Six month course from early January based in Lorient with travel to events.
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- WIND the first festival of competitive sailing films co-organised by Tip & Shaft et Poppop, will run on Tuesday 4 February at the Grand Rex in Paris. On the programme are unpublished and exclusive films featuring some of the greatest current sailors on the screen and in the room, live in person. Info and reservations on wind-festival.com.
- PODCAST. The 12th episode of the INTO THE WIND, the Tip & Shaft podcast welcomes THOMAS RUYANT. As with all the podcasts it is available on all the main platforms iTunes, Deezer, Spotify, SoundClound, Google Podcasts… also on the site for Tip & Shaft.
- MINI-TRANSAT TRAINING: after the first session was sold out at the Nautic, Tip & Shaft is offering a second training session, “How to prepare for the Mini-Transat” in Paris on Sunday 26th January, once again run by the president of the Mini class, Lucas Montagne. You can register here.
- The MINI-TRANSAT is changing its course for the next three editions – from Les Sables d’Olonne to Saint-François (Guadeloupe) via Santa Cruz de la Palma – and organiser (Les Sables d’Olonne Vendée course au large).
- SAILGP has announced changes to its teams for the 2020 season: China is being replaced by a Spanish team, the composition of which is due to be announced in late January in Madrid.
- UK SAILMAKERS announced that Mauripro Sailing has become part of UK Sailmakers.
- SHENZHEN will host a leg of The Ocean Race, “at least one Chinese team is expected to take part in the 2021-22 edition of The Ocean Race”, explained the organiser.
- The 2020 M32 SERIES calendar was revealed with five events in Europe from May to September, including the European Championship on Lake Garda (4-6 September), and nine events from January in the North American circuit, which will finish with the world championship in Miami (16-22 November). Aston Harald Composites will produce 14 new boats in 2020.
- The GRAND PRIX DE L’ÉCOLE NAVALE, reserved for one-design boats, will take place in 2020 from 21st to 23rd May.
- NICK MOLONEY and ADRIENNE CALAHAN have announced they will be working together with the aim of representing Australia in the mixed offshore race in the Paris 2024 Olympics.
- The DÉFI AZIMUT, which is celebrating its tenth edition in 2020, will take place from 9th to 13th September in Lorient.
- SAILGP INSPIRE has announced they are joining up with the World Sailing Trust to attempt to make sailing accessible to as many people as possible.
- The VENDÉE GLOBE presented its new poster this week. It was designed by the Désigne and Pulp agencies.
- The 2020 GC32 RACING TOUR will include five legs from March to October, including the World championship from 16th to 20th September in Villasimius (Sardinia).
- The PORQUEROLLE’S RACE will be back in 2020 for its second edition from 20th to 24th May. Registrations are open now.
- INTO THE BLUE, the Brussels maritime festival will take place from 31st January to 2nd February.
- LUNA ROSSA CHALLENGE has signed a partnership with the One Ocean Foundation, an association aiming to protect the oceans.
- The tenth HALIFAX-SAINT-PIERRE RACE starts on 27th June, with a new class invited, the Multi50s. It will be followed by the new SAINT-PIERRE-QUEBEC RACE (700 miles, start on 1st July), so that the competitors can then compete in the Quebec-Saint-Malo transatlantic race.
- MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS, the F1 team which won the world constructor title six times, has signed a “performance partnership” with Ineos, including the cycle team, Team Ineos and the America’s Cup challenger, Ineos Team UK.
- The ROYAL NEW ZEALAND YACHT SQUADRON will host the 2020 Youth Match Racing World Championship, in Auckland from February 25th to March 1st.
- WORLD SAILING has issued a Request For Information (RFI) from Manufacturers, MNAs and Class Associations to assess what options currently exist in the market. A 2024 Offshore Equipment Working Party will then use that information to form the criteria for selecting the Equipment for Event at Paris 2024.
- The IRISH SAILING FEDERATION has launched an appeal to find the names of the pairs wishing to defend Ireland in the 2020 mixed offshore world championship, which is due to take place in Malta in October, so that a selection process can be set up.
- AUDÉLOR, the Lorient district development agency has just published a study of the Lorient La Base offshore racing centre.
Photo : Jean-Marie Liot / Jeanneau