- OCONNECTION won the French and International PR tender for the next Vendée Globe.
- KEVIN BLOCH will be flying the colours of Team Vendée Formation in 2020 in the Figaro circuit.
- ALEX PICOT has rejoined OC Sport Pen Duick as project manager, in charge of La Solitaire du Figaro.
QUENTIN DELAPIERRE and MANON AUDINET have been selected ahead of Billy Besson / Marie Riou to represent France in the Nacra 17 at the Tokyo Olympic Games. LUCAS RUAL / EMILE AMOROS are selected in 49er.
- ERWAN LE ROUX will be the co-skipper of Armel Le Cléac’h aboard Banque Popular on the next Transat AG2R La Mondiale.
- CAPONNETTO HUEBER (Hydrodynamics, CFD & Design) recruits : 1 Naval Architect specialized in Hydrodynamics / Project Manager with at least 4 years of experience in the Maritime world ; 1 Mathematician, Data scientist and Programmer, with a minimum of 4 years of experience in his field ; 1 Marine CFD and Software developer with at least 4 years of experience.
- AIM45 is looking for a technical manager for its ocean racing data analysis platform. Permanent contract to start immediately.
- The FIGARO BENETEAU CLASS is looking for a technical coordinator. Part time job based in Lorient available immediately.
- THE OCEAN RACE recruits a Head of The Ocean Race Summits. Full time job until August 2022 located in Alicante, Spain.
- PLASTIMO is looking for a communications officer and a digital communications manager and a deputy to the administrative and financial manager; all contracted posts are based in Lorient (France).
- GUNBOAT is looking for its After-Sales Service Manager for the follow-up and technical support of the Gunboat 68; permanent position based at La Grande Motte (France).
- MATHÉO SACAZE, who studies boat and offshore design at the ENSTA in Brittany, is looking for a six month period of work experience from June to December 2020, as an assistant engineer in the area of ocean racing.
- CHARLOTTE BONIS, after two years with Fabrice Payen’s Vent Debout team, is offering her services as a project manager in logistics, communications and administration.
- MARINE CERBELLE, head cook for Ineos Team UK, Dongfeng, the Volvo Ocean Race, Macif…, is now available to help teams with their supplies as they prepare for the 2020 Vendée Globe.
- PIERRE-ANTOINE TESSON, a naval architect who studied at Southampton Solent University and has worked for two years preparing boats (Figaro, Class40 and Imoca), is looking for a job in an ocean racing design office.
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- WIND the first festival of competitive sailing films co-organised by Tip & Shaft et Poppop, will run on Tuesday 4 February at the Grand Rex in Paris. On the programme are unpublished and exclusive films featuring some of the greatest current sailors on the screen and in the room, live in person. Info and reservations on wind-festival.com.
- PODCAST. The 12th episode of the INTO THE WIND, the Tip & Shaft podcast welcomes THOMAS RUYANT. As with all the podcasts it is available on all the main platforms iTunes, Deezer, Spotify, SoundClound, Google Podcasts… also on the site for Tip & Shaft.
- MINI-TRANSAT TRAINING: after the first session was sold out at the Nautic, Tip & Shaft is offering a second training session, “How to prepare for the Mini-Transat” in Paris on Sunday 26th January, once again run by the president of the Mini class, Lucas Montagne. You can register here.
- CDK TECHNOLOGIES received a huge new oven this week at its site in Lorient (4m in diameter, 25m long, 120 tonnes) which will come into service in March.
- The WORLD MATCH RACING TOUR has revealed its 2020 calendar with two levels of events, the most important being the four World Championship Events. Six skippers have already been invited to take part: Phil Robertson, Taylor Canfield, Nicklas Dackhammar, Ian Williams, Eric Monnin, and Harry Price.
- SÉBASTIEN DESTREMAU has announced that FaceOcean, the 60-foot boat aboard which he took part in the last Vendée Globe, was vandalised on 19th December in the harbour in Toulon.
- WORLD SAILING has launched a bid for tenders to host its annual conference scheduled for 23rd to 31st October 2021.
- BE RACING is launching its 2020 youth selection process for 18-25 year olds. The winner will compete in Class40 in at least the Voiles de Saint-Barth, the Atlantic Cup and the Quebec-Saint-Malo race. Applications need to be sent in by 10th February.
[SALES & CHARTERS]
- DAMIEN CLOAREC is putting his Figaro 3 up for charter for the 2020 season. The boat will be available from late January / early February.
- ZANE GILLS, a professional sailor who competed with Spanish team Telefonica during the Volvo Ocean Race, was found dead under his yacht in Port Vell, Barcelona.
Photo : Groupe BPCE