[DEPARTURES & NOMINATIONS]
- JON GIMSON and ANNA BURNET have been announced as GBR’s Nacra 17 representatives for Tokyo 2020 after a long and extremely close selection process.
- JULIEN VILLION, will be the co-skipper for Tanguy Le Turquais on board Groupe Quéguiner-Kayak for the Transat AG2R La Mondiale 2020.
- FRANÇOIS MORVAN will replace Marie Riou as flight controller on the France SailGP team en 2020. Other new faces will be THIERRY DOUILLARD who will coach in the place of Franck Citeau and Stevie Morrison while JULES BIDEGARAY is in as fourth grinder.
- CHRISTIAN PONTHIEU is the new technical coordinator for the Figaro Beneteau class.
- LOUIS VIAT has replaced Guillaume Evrard as Operations manager of the IMOCA class, while keeping his post with Franck Cammas Racing/Oman Sail and the Team France association.
- GUNBOAT is looking for a head of after-sales service for the backup and technical support of the Gunboat 68; permanent position based in La Grande Motte (France).
- SPINDRIFT RACING is looking for a full time Technical Director to oversee and develop the team’s fleet, based in La Trinité-sur-Mer, France.
- PLASTIMO are looking to recruit a communication manager and a b2b e-commerce specialist. The posts are full time based in Lorient.
- AZIMUT are recruiting an IT Project Manager and a commercial engineer who have working experience in the marine trade to work on various marine projects. These are permanent positions based in Larmor-Plage to be filled immediately.
- OC SPORT PEN DUICK is hiring an e-business developer. Permanent job based in Lorient.
- EUDES LIBAUDIERES, finishing his DUT GEA (business administration), is looking for an internship in sports marketing and sponsorship from April 14, 2020 to the end of June 2020, ideally within an offshore racing company.
- SYLVIE LECLERC, who has been a legal assistant for 17 years at TF1, and co-manager of BSM PRODUCTIONS (audiovisual productions for boating and events) for 7 years, with experience also for clients in insurance and banking, is available for a administrative management role in competitive sailing.
- CLAUDIA CONTI, a naval architect, boat builder and project leader has gone to Persico, now based in Lorient, and is available for a similar job working in composites or structural calculations.
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- WIND. The first sail racing film festival, co-hosted by Tip & Shaft and Poppop, will take place on Tuesday, February 4 at 7:30 pm at the Grand Rex in Paris. On the program: new and exclusive films, with the greatest sailors on screen… and in the room. Info and reservations on wind-festival.com. More than 1,500 places have already been reserved.
- TIP & SHAFT/CONNECT NANTES 2020, the 7th edition of the business event of competitive sailing, will take place on Tuesday, March 17, 2020 at the CCI in Nantes (France). You can now book your pass, the first 20 places are at preferential rate of 75€.
- MINI-TRANSAT TRAINING. After a first event which sold out at the Paris Nautic, Tip & Shaft offers a second session of its training “Prepare well for a Mini-Transat project” (in French) in Paris on Sunday, January 26. As always it is hosted by the former president of the Mini Class, Lucas Montagne. Registrations are open here, there is only one place left.
- SERENIS CONSULTING have announced they are extending their support in offshore racing up until 2022 with Jean Galfione ‘with higher ambitions and corresponding budgets’ and in Olympic sailing with Camille Lecointre/Aloïse Retornaz.
- EMIRATES TEAM NEW ZEALAND have launched Te Kahu on Wednesday, their new test boat which is 12 metres long and which will allow them to continue testing and training while their first AC75 is being delivered to Europe and to continue developments as their second AC75 is being built.
- LORIENT GRAND LARGE have announced the construction of la Maison des skippers in Lorient La Base. As well as offices it will offer sports facilities, storage rooms and meeting spaces, while an adjoining boat hangar will also be built.
- The 44CUP 2020 comprising five events between April and November, including a world championshop at the end of September in Sotogrande (Spain).
- The UNIVERSITY OF NANTES has signed an official partnership with Armel Tripon with a joint project for a racing catamaran with organically sourced foils.
- The 2020 TROPHÉE DES MULTICOQUES will take place from 26th to 29th August in La Trinité-sur-Mer.
- The LONELY ROCK RACE was officially launched by the Royal Western Yacht Club of England following on from the transfer of the finish of the Fastnet to Cherbourg. This new race will take place in even years (the first will start on 16th August 2020) between Ryde and Plymouth via the Fastnet.
- TEAM WINDS launched Des Voiles Toi, an operation intended to reduce the environmental impact, in particular by bypassing the need for advertising stickers on sails by replacing them with reusable textile panels. They are also offering them to NGOs which sustain ecological and humanitarianism.
Photo: Emirates Team New Zealand
[dt_default_button link=”https://www.tipandshaft.com/en/subscribe” button_alignment=”default” animation=”fadeIn” size=”medium” default_btn_bg_color=”#ffb200″ bg_hover_color=”#0A0A0A” text_color=”#0A0A0A” text_hover_color=”#ffb200″ icon=”fa fa-chevron-circle-right” icon_align=”center”]SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE[/dt_default_button]