- LOÏC FÉQUET has joined the technical team for the Imoca PRB of Kevin Escoffier.
- MIKE MARTIN and ADAM LOWRY, the world champions in the 505, have been voted US Sailing’s Sailors of the Year for 2019, and the female award went to kite ace DANIELA MOROZ. Daniela Moroz.
- JEAN-LUC VAN DEN HEEDE is the recipient of the Cruising Club of America’s 2019 Blue Water Medal, awarded for his achievements in single-handed sailing.
- GUNBOAT is looking for a head of after-sales service for the backup and technical support of the Gunboat 68; permanent position based in La Grande Motte (France).
- ROM ARRANGÉ are looking for an administrative and comms allrounder, a full time contracted post in Lorient.
- QUENTIN CORTIER, a 23 years old student of Naval Architecture with specialisations from the ENSTA Bretagne and diplomas in mechanical and industrial engineering is looking for a placement with a naval architecture practice or numerical modelling office from April to September 2020.
- WILFRIED LEBRETON, who is a composite technician is looking for refit and offshore race preparation work preferably on a salaried basis.
- JULIA RAYMOND, who has 14 years of motorsport projects experience is looking for a post in team coordination and logistics. She is based in Lorient and available immediately.
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- PODCAST. The 13th episode of the INTO THE WIND, the Tip & Shaft podcast welcomes PASCAL BIDÉGORRY. As with all the podcasts it is available on all the main platforms iTunes, Deezer, Spotify, SoundClound, Google Podcasts… also on the site for Tip & Shaft.
- TIP & SHAFT/CONNECT NANTES 2020, the 7th edition of the business event of competitive sailing, will take place on Tuesday, March 17, 2020 at the CCI in Nantes (France). You can now book your pass.
- OMAN will host the Nacra 17, 49er et 49er FX World Championships 2021, in Mussanah in November.
- HIGHFIELD are an official partner for the The Transat CIC and remain as partners for the Route du Rhum through to the 2022 edition.
- LES VOILES DE SAINT-TROPEZ will from this year span two weeks, from 26 September to 10 October to allow the regatta to consolidate their capacity to welcome bigger yachts.
- LA RÉGION BRETAGNE continue as partners of the Spi Ouest-France, through this 42nd edition from 9 to the 13 April. This year, for the first time, it welcomes Class 40 and the Figaro 3.
- MAILASAIL come on board as title partners for the The Ostar/Twostar which starts on the 10 May from Plymouth heading to Newport.
- THE SAILING CHAMPIONS LEAGUE has unveiled its 2020 calendar, with three qualifying stages in Mariehamm (Finland), Travemünde (Germany) and St. Petersbuurg (Russia), and the Final 1 to 4 October in Porto Cervo.
- SEVENSTAR YACHT TRANSPORT have signed on as sponsors for three years with the New York Yacht Club, a sponsorship which includes the 2020 ORC/IRC world championships at the NYYC from 25 September to 3 October.
- KARÜN, the Swedish eyeware brand have signed for three years as official supplier to 11th Hour Racing, who are due to compete in the first edition of The Ocean Race.
- THE FOILING AWARDS 2020, organised by Foiling Week, will be held on 20 February in Milan.
- MUTUELLE BLEUE, who are associated with the INSTITUT CURIE, are now the partners for the duo Amélie Grassi/Ambrogio Beccaria on the upcoming Transat AG2R La Mondiale.
- TURESPANA, Spain’s national tourism agency have signed a partnership agreement with the new Spanish SailGP team.
- EMIRATES TEAM NEW ZEALAND and LUNA ROSSA have agreed the race programme (from 6 to the15 March 2021) for the America’s Cup Match and the wind limits (from 6 to 23 kts). The Prada Cup, the challengers series runs from 15 January to 22 February.
- MCDONALDS joined Emirates Team New Zealand as official family partner.
- SAILGP have announced the launch of the 2020 eSailGP Championship, in partnership with Virtual Regatta and World Sailing. The winners will get an all expenses trip to the Copenhagen stage in September, a sail on an F50 and qualification for the Final of the World eSailing Championships.
- JEANNEAU have launched the Challenge Sun Fast France 2020, which is open to all Sun Fast 3200, 3300 and 3600s which are in possession of a valid IRC cert.
Photo : Amory Ross / American Magic
We send our news by email every Friday before they appear online. Subscribe here, if not done yet 😉
[dt_default_button link=”https://www.tipandshaft.com/en/subscribe” button_alignment=”default” animation=”fadeIn” size=”medium” default_btn_bg_color=”#ffb200″ bg_hover_color=”#0A0A0A” text_color=”#0A0A0A” text_hover_color=”#ffb200″ icon=”fa fa-chevron-circle-right” icon_align=”center”]SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE[/dt_default_button]