- MULTIPLAST have vacancies for several positions: a project manager, a team leader, a painter and 5 composite materials technicians; positions are on permanent contracts (for the first) and in fixed-term contracts that can evolve into permanent contracts ; based in Vannes (France).
- ALAN ROURA (La Fabrique Sailing Team) is looking for a finance and admin manager from mid-November. Short-term contract which may become permanent ; based in Lorient (France).
- INEOS TEAM UK is looking for a Junior Strength & Conditioning Coach ; based in Portsmouth (UK).
- The RYA is looking for a Performance Operations Manager ; based in Hamble, Southampton (UK).
- GIANCARLO PEDOTE is looking for an experienced boat-captain for his Imoca project; based in Lorient (France) and to be filled as soon as possible.
- ALEX THOMSON RACING is recruiting a Marketing Account Manager; post based in Gosport (England)
- OUTREMER YACHTING are looking for two engineering interns one in composites or materials and/ or mechanical engineering the other in office studies based in La Grande Motte (France).
- KND SailingPerformance is looking for a full-stack web development intern to help them work on new online analysis tools. The internship is to be based in Valencia (Spain) in 2019, last a minimum of 6 months, and could lead to a job offer.
- The GRAND PRIX DE L’ECOLE NAVALE has an internship within its communication department, ideally from February to June inclusive, based in Lanvéoc (France).
- LORIENT GRAND LARGE offers a day of training for those who are looking for sponsorsled by Tip & Shaft, Monday, November 19th.
- MORGANE FOUILLET, student at the School of Mines in Nancy, specialising in materials and production management is a fan of sailing and is looking for a training course to finish his studies in the boating sector.
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- PLYMOUTH has been confirmed as the finish city of the next Fastnet Race.
- SPINLOCK is on board as a partner of Route du Rhum-Destination Guadeloupe, the official supplier of safety harnesses/life jackets at the finish in Pointe-à-Pitre.
- OLIVIER DOUILLARD launches AIM1, an online platform for performance analysis based on data collected on the water, classes from the Mini to the ULTIME and everything in between
- PROTECT launches a new range of stickers made of bioplastic films for bow numbers and cockpit advertising.
- DIVERSE YACHTS and C-DESIGNS, two British competitive sailing and superyacht companies, specializing in electronics and in electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems respectively have merged to form DIVERSE PERFORMANCE SYSTEMS.
- CLIPPER VENTURES, which organizes the Clipper Round The World Race, opens a subsidiary in China called Clipper China, which will operate training academies for offshore racing and will launch its own design Tony Castro and his own fleet of boats.
- NIJI announced that the official Route du Rhum-Destination Guadeloupe website traffic approached 1.5 million unique visitors since its launch on September 27, while the mobile application has been downloaded 270,000 times.
[SALES & ACQUISITIONS]
- YVAN GRIBOVAL is selling at a very attractive price a structured carbon hull and carbon deck ready to be assembled, moulds and all the tooling required for the sistership to the 52-foot Café Joyeux currently leading the Rhum Mono class.
- In our Mike Golding interview last week he inadvertantly suggested Stan Honey might not have very much shorthanded racing experience, which is not in fact the case. Mike and Tip & Shaft apologise for this inadvertant supposition. Having Stan’s talent as a sailor, navigator, an technical expert at televising sailing and making it accessible, will be a huge asset.