[DEPARTURES & NOMINATIONS]
- PASCAL BIDÉGORRY has been chosen by Macif to replace François Gabart on the helm of the Ultime trimaran of the giant insurance group on the The Transat CIC.
- LUNA ROSSA received a trophy for the best boat for their AC75 at the Foiling Awards handed out on the 20 February in Milan. Also honoured was SailGP (trophy for the best event), Alex Thomson Racing (sustainability trophy) and the TF35 (innovation trophy).
- ANNIE LUSH, who already has two participations under her belt has confirmed her agreement to sail The Ocean Race with Offshore Team Germany who are still seeking to complete their budget to compete on the Owen Clarke IMOCA which started life as Acciona.
- GUNBOAT is looking for a head of after-sales service for the backup and technical support of the Gunboat 68; permanent position based in La Grande Motte (France).
- VIRTUAL REGATTA are seeking a community manager-journalist to interact and manage the online community. The post is full time based in Issy-les-Moulineaux.
- AUDOUARD CRÉMIEUX, currently on a gap year between his Masters 1 and 2 at the Kedge Business School and following a 6-month internship at BE Racing, is now looking for a post of 3 to 6 months in an offshore racing team (communication / marketing / logistics).
- ADRENA are looking for an English-French bilingual commercial/marketing/comms assistant, a full time post based in Saint-Sébastien-sur-Loire.
- AG PLUS SPARS are seeking a composites technican for their carbon spar making workshop. This is a full time job based in Saint-Laurent-de-la-Prée.
- MARGAUX SCHWEBLIN, a video editor for 10 years, is looking for a work study placement for one year based in the Lorient-Vannes area.
- GUNBOAT are looking for production interns working method 5 S to complete a stage of 6 months with the possibility to progress on, the stage is based in La Grande Motte.
- ANTONIO ARANHA, who is a third year naval architecture student at the University of Southampton is looking for a summer placement from 14 June to 25 September in the field of design or boatbuilding in Europe or Brasil.
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- TIP & SHAFT/CONNECT NANTES 2020, the 7th edition of the business event of competitive sailing, will take place on Tuesday, March 17, 2020 at the CCI in Nantes (France). You can now book your pass.
- LALOU ROUCAYROL has announced his intention to race in The Race Around the two handed race around the world in two stages in Class40 which in 2023 will start from a city ‘TBA soon’ and so will race the Transat CIC (which starts on the 10 May 2020) as his qualifying course. .
- EIGHT TEAMS will participate in the first season of the TF35 Trophy, the successor to the D35 Trophy.
- THE DRHEAM-CUP 2020 in addition to rewarding the successful skippers will reward the clubs and builders.
- ODZALA DISCOVERY CAMPS are the title partners of the first regatta of the 2020 52 Super Series which runs this week coming in Cape Town.
- THE YOUTH AMERICA’S CUP, which runs with the Finals between the 8-12th March in Auckland has drawn entries from ten teams, including New Zealand, China, Australia, Italy, Hong Kong, Switzerland x 2, Russia, Argentina and the Netherlands
- The JEC WORLD 2020, the international composites show which was scheduled for the 3-5th March has been delayed until 12-14 May at the Parc des Expositions de Paris Nord-Villepinte because of the coronavirus epidemic.
- THE GRAND PRIX DE L’ÉCOLE NAVALE has published the notice of race for its 2020 edition (20-24 May), and entries are now open.
- 28 SOLOISTS will start from Brest on May 10 for The Transat CIC to Charleston, 17 in Imoca, 7 in Class40, 4 in Ultime.
- SISLEY PARIS joins the group of partners of Voiles de St Barth Richard Mille.
- ALL PURPOSE CONCARNEAU is expanding, with a new loft with a floor of 250 m2 which should allow the sailmaker to produce 50 sails per year against 30 before.
- SQUID X 1.10.0, routing software with a new functionality, tidal forecasting is now available.
- THE 49ER AND 49ER FX CLASSES have launched a call for bids for the design and supply of sails for the 49er and/or 49erFX for the period 2021-2024.
Photo : Yvan Zedda / The Transat CIC
We send our news by email every Friday before they appear online. Subscribe here, if not done yet 😉
[dt_default_button link=”https://www.tipandshaft.com/en/subscribe” button_alignment=”default” animation=”fadeIn” size=”medium” default_btn_bg_color=”#ffb200″ bg_hover_color=”#0A0A0A” text_color=”#0A0A0A” text_hover_color=”#ffb200″ icon=”fa fa-chevron-circle-right” icon_align=”center”]SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE[/dt_default_button]