[DEPARTURES & NOMINATIONS]
- ANDREW PINDAR and VICTORIA LOW have been named on the board of The Magenta Project.
- ROMAIN PILLIARD has become the new ambassador of the NGO RespectOcean.
- GUNBOAT is looking for a head of after-sales service for the backup and technical support of the Gunboat 68; permanent position based in La Grande Motte (France).
- MARGAUX SCHWEBLIN, a video editor for 10 years, is looking for a work study placement for one year based in the Lorient-Vannes area.
- MALO JULLIEN, who is in his second year at the engineering IMT Mines Albi college (specialising in mechanical and materials engineering) is looking for a placement for six months from May 2020 in the field of boat building especially offshore racing boats.
- VICTORINE HAMON, who has been on an internship at MerConcept in communication and sponsoring, is looking for a follow on placement for one year also in communication, sponsorships still in the offshore racing sector.
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- TIP & SHAFT/CONNECT NANTES 2020, the 7th edition of the business event of competitive sailing, due to take place on Tuesday, March 17, 2020 in Nantes, has been postponed.
- PHIL SHARP announced on Friday that he will dip a toe in the waters of the Figaro circuit this season in the colours of his OceansLab, but he won’t do La Solitaire so his programme includes the Solo Maître CoQ, the Duo Concarneau Guy Cotten and the All Mer Cup.
- 22 DUOS, as well as 4 mixed pairs will make the start of the Transat AG2R La Mondiale as per the official Press Conference this week including: Fabien Delahaye-Benjamin Schwartz (HelloWork), Pierre Leboucher-Frédéric Duthil (Guyot Environnement), Sam Goodchild-Corentin Douguet (Leyton) and Lou Berthomieu-Alan Roberts (La Benjamine de l’Océan).
- QUANTUM SAILS come to Lorient with Sail Solution who have taken on representation of the US sail brand in South Brittany.
- THE SAEM VENDÉE have announced the cancellation of the press conference of the Vendée Globe which was to take place on 11th March in Paris because of the coronavirus threat.
- 160 ENTRIES have signed up for the 10th edition of the Transquadra Madère-Martinique of which the first stage starts in the 14th July 2020 from Marseille and the 19th from Lorient, the second stage starts 6 February 2021 from Madeira.
- MUSTANG SURVIVAL have signed a partnership with the Italian Challengers of Record Luna Rossa Challenge.
Photo: Alexis Courcoux / Transat AG2R La Mondiale
We send our news by email every Friday before they appear online. Subscribe here, if not done yet 😉
[dt_default_button link=”https://www.tipandshaft.com/en/subscribe” button_alignment=”default” animation=”fadeIn” size=”medium” default_btn_bg_color=”#ffb200″ bg_hover_color=”#0A0A0A” text_color=”#0A0A0A” text_hover_color=”#ffb200″ icon=”fa fa-chevron-circle-right” icon_align=”center”]SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE[/dt_default_button]