[DEPARTURES & NOMINATIONS]
- IAN ANDREWES has been recruited as Sales Manager of Futur Fibres (via EuroSail News).
- PHILIPPE LAOT joined Maxime Sorel’s V&B Mayenne team in January as technical director.
- ESPCI PARIS is hiring a research engineer / project manager in the framework of the “From Carbon to Olympic Gold” project; 4-year contract in Paris or Brittany.
- THOMAS DALMAS, currently on a short term contract after an internship with Team Initiatives Coeur, is looking for a job as research engineer with fixed term or permanent contract with an ocean racing team from May 2020.
- LOUIS GUAY, a second-year student at the Institut Nautique de Bretagne (sales in the marine and industrial sectors), wishes to continue with a technical degree, and is looking for a sandwich course placement for a year in marine gear, rigging, sailing from September 2020.
- MALO JULLIEN, who is in his second year at the engineering IMT Mines Albi college (specialising in mechanical and materials engineering) is looking for a placement for six months from May 2020 in the field of boat building especially offshore racing boats.
- VICTORINE HAMON, who has been on an internship at MerConcept in communication and sponsoring, is looking for a follow on placement for one year also in communication, sponsorships still in the offshore racing sector.
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- NEWPORT will host the next edition of The Ocean Race, the course of which is now complete.
- OCEANIA HOTELS has signed up as partner to Benjamin Dutreux for the 2020 Vendée Globe.
- WORLD SAILING became the first Olympic federation to sign the UN Women Sport for Generation Equality Declaration last weekend.
- THE 2020 MIRABAUD SAILING VIDEO AWARD will be handed over on 23rd November at the Yacht Racing Forum in Portsmouth. Contenders can send their videos filmed between 24th October 2019 and 19th October 2020 up until 20th October.
- PORTSMOUTH INTERNATIONAL PORT has signed up as partner to the America’s Cup World Series in Portsmouth (4th-7th June).
- 27 SOLO SAILORS, including 8 on new generation foilers, will line up for the start of the New York-Vendée-Les Sables d’Olonne on 16th June.
- MARLOW ROPES has signed up as partner to Boris Herrmann who is competing in the next Vendée Globe.
- SÉBASTIEN DESTREMAU announced a partnership with EcoAct, a climate strategy consultancy, so that his 2020 Vendée Globe campaign is carbon-neutral.
- THE RYA, the British Sailing Federation, has revealed their selection criteria for the crew competing for Britain in the first Offshore Worlds in October in Trieste.
- 11TH HOUR RACING will as in the last edition be the education partner for the Atlantic Cup.
- DON MCINTYRE, the organiser of the Golden Globe Race, has announced the launch of a new one-design class, the Mini 5.80, a plywood monohull, the first model of which will appear in June. At the same time, the Australian is launching the Solo Transat 5.80 (start from Portugal in November 2021) and the 2024 Mini Globe Race, a round the world with six legs.
[SALES & CHARTERS]
- MOD70 SPINDRIFT has been sold and will now sail under the British ensign under the name of Mana to be skippered by Martin Watts.
We send our news by email every Friday before they appear online. Subscribe here, if not done yet 😉
[dt_default_button link=”https://www.tipandshaft.com/en/subscribe” button_alignment=”default” animation=”fadeIn” size=”medium” default_btn_bg_color=”#ffb200″ bg_hover_color=”#0A0A0A” text_color=”#0A0A0A” text_hover_color=”#ffb200″ icon=”fa fa-chevron-circle-right” icon_align=”center”]SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE[/dt_default_button]