[COVID-19: THE ANNOUNCEMENTS THIS WEEK]
- FRENCH OLYMPIC SAILING WEEK HYÈRES will not take place on the scheduled dates (18-25 April), the FFVoile “aim to try to offer a preparation and training solution to athletes in the second half of May”.
- THE FINN GOLD CUP (Palma, 8-16 May) has been postponed to mid-October.
- THE LASER/LASER RADIAL EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIPS (Kalamata, 9-23 May) have been postponed to 9-16 October.
- THE RS:X EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIPS (Athens, 10-16 May) have been postponed.
- THE ARGO BERMUDA GOLD CUP (May 11-16) has been postponed to October 2020.
- THE 49ER / 49ER FX / NACRA 17 EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIPS (11-17 May in Malcesine) have been cancelled.
- THE CERVANTES TROPHY (8 May), the VICE ADMIRAL’S CUP REGATTA (15-17 May) and the NORTH SEA RACE (22 May) have been cancelled.
- THE 52 SUPER SERIES in Scarlino (12-16 May) and Porto Cervo (17-21 June) have been cancelled.
- ROUND THE ISLANDE RACE (30 May) has been rescheduled to September 26.
- THE AMERICA’S CUP WORLD SERIES PORTSMOUTH, which was due to take place from June 4 to 7, have been cancelled, so there will only be one preliminary regatta before the Prada Cup, the America’s Cup World Series in Auckland (17- 20 December).
- THE MEDEMBLIK REGATTA (4-7 June) has been cancelled.
- THE SUPERYACHT CUP PALMA 2020 (June 17-20) has been cancelled, the 2021 edition will take place from June 23 to 25.
- THE NEWPORT BERMUDA RACE (starting on June 19) has been cancelled.
- THE OPTIMIST WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS (July 1-11, Riva del Garda) have been postponed until later in the year.
- THE TOKYO OLYMPIC GAMES have been rescheduled and will be celebrated from 23 July to 8 August 2021. Subsequently World Sailing announced that it was working on a qualification system, with the last qualification events which could take place at the end of 2020-beginning of 2021.
[DEPARTURES & NOMINATIONS]
- PAUL O’HIGGINS has been voted Irish sailor of the year for 2019.
- ESPCI PARIS is hiring a research engineer / project manager in the framework of the “From Carbon to Olympic Gold” project; 4-year contract in Paris or Brittany.
- WORLD SAILING is looking for a head of marketing and sponsorship and a partnerships manager. Applications should be sent in by 12th April.
- THOMAS DALMAS, currently on a short term contract after an internship with Team Initiatives Coeur, is looking for a job as research engineer with fixed term or permanent contract with an ocean racing team from May 2020.
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- CASCAIS will host the 2021 world championships of the M32 (in October), and also from the 7 to 9 August a stage of the M32 European Series.
- THE DRHEAM-CUP (18-27 July) will be open this year to the Figaro class who can enter this race between Cherbourg and La Trinité-sur-Mer on the official calendar.
- THE GREAT ESCAPE, a virtual Transatlantic launched by Virtual Regatta started last Monday has 115,000 players to date, including many professional skippers (Franck Cammas, Armel Le Cléac’h, Jérémie Beyou, Sam Davies, Gildas Morvan …).
Photo: Martinez Studio / 52 Super Series
We send our news by email every Friday before they appear online. Subscribe here, if not done yet 😉
[dt_default_button link=”https://www.tipandshaft.com/en/subscribe” button_alignment=”default” animation=”fadeIn” size=”medium” default_btn_bg_color=”#ffb200″ bg_hover_color=”#0A0A0A” text_color=”#0A0A0A” text_hover_color=”#ffb200″ icon=”fa fa-chevron-circle-right” icon_align=”center”]SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE[/dt_default_button]