[COVID-19: THE ANNOUNCEMENTS THIS WEEK]
- THE MAILASAIL OSTAR / TWOSTAR, which was scheduled to start on May 10 has now been re-programmed to run one year later with a new start planned for May 9 2021 from Plymouth.
- THE SAILING CHAMPIONS LEAGUE has postponed the first of the three qualifying events for the 2020 final which was scheduled June 11-14 in Mariehamn (Finland).
- THE SSE RENEWABLES ROUND IRELAND YACHT RACE, which was due to start on June 20, will finally start two months later, on August 22.
- THE J / 70 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS (25-July-1 August, Los Angeles) has now been postponed by one year. Now they will take place from August 7 to 15, 2021 and the same year delay has been agreed for the European Championships (was to be 3-11 July, Copenhagen), which will now run from June 4 to 12, 2021.
- OCEAN DATA SYSTEM is looking for a technician/installer/integrator and an all-round bilingual assistant to cope with its development; permanent contracts in Lorient with the posts open immediately.
The INTERNATIONAL LASER CLASS ASSOCIATION is looking for an assistant technical officer, a part-time job which could become full time.
- THE OCEAN RACE is recruiting a sustainability communications manager.
- THOMAS DALMAS, currently on a short term contract after an internship with Team Initiatives Coeur, is looking for a job as research engineer with fixed term or permanent contract with an ocean racing team from May 2020.
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- THE YACHT RACING FORUM 2020 (23-24 November in Portsmouth) is offering an early bird rate for the first 80 registrants and is offering a reduction of 20% on all its partnership packages until April 30, which will be held valid for a period of two years. In case of postponement, which is not envisaged at the moment, “the partnerships confirmed for 2020, as well as the early registrations would be automatically carried over to the new dated event “, specifies the organizer.
- THE GRAT ESCAPE, a virtual Transat between La Rochelle and Curaçao, was won in the Imoca class by a Ukrainian player, Sylk, while among the pro racers, Alexis Loison won (he finished 202nd).
- THE SPI OUEST-FRANCE DESTINATION MORBIHAN, which is postponed to the end of September has, in the meantime, gone virtual with inshore races organized by Virtual Regatta over the planned period from April 10 to 13. THE TRANSAT AG2R LA MONDIALE also launches its virtual race from Concarneau to St. Barth, while IRISH SAILING organises its first Irish Sailing eSailing National Championship.
- NORTH SAILS has been chosen, for the third consecutive time, as the official supplier of sails for the VO65 fleet on the next edition of The Ocean Race.
- UNCL is organizing an NKE navigation system videoconference workshop on Wednesday April 15, moderated by Nicolas Lunven. Register HERE.
- THE MIRABAUD YACHT RACING IMAGE 2020 is officially launched, the entrants have until October 6 to send their photos, the winner will be announced at the Yacht Racing Forum in Portsmouth on 23-24 November.
- PLANET SAIL has just launched On Course, a new programme presented by Matt Sheahan, which is dedicated to competitive sailing. The first episode focuses on American Magic, the Club Swan 36 and the birth of the 5.5m class.
- RORC has launched a series of video interviews entitled Time Over Distance. Their first guest is the British sailor Brian Thompson.
Photo: Jean-Marie Liot / Alea
We send our news by email every Friday before they appear online. Subscribe here, if not done yet 😉
[dt_default_button link=”https://www.tipandshaft.com/en/subscribe” button_alignment=”default” animation=”fadeIn” size=”medium” default_btn_bg_color=”#ffb200″ bg_hover_color=”#0A0A0A” text_color=”#0A0A0A” text_hover_color=”#ffb200″ icon=”fa fa-chevron-circle-right” icon_align=”center”]SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE[/dt_default_button]