[ON THE MOVE]
- JAPAN SAILGP TEAM, the Japanese team on the circuit promoted by Russell Coutts and Larry Ellison, was unveiled this week. It will be led by Australian Nathan Outteridge, with Japanese sailors Yugo Yoshida, Yuki Kasatani and Leo Takahashi, as well as Outteridge’s medal winning crew Iain Jensen and Luke Parkinson.
- OCEAN RESPECT RACING will be the first all-female professional crew in the upcoming Sydney-Hobart aboard Wild Oats X. Skippered by Stacey Jackson with Carolijn Brouwer at the helm, they have the support of 11th Hour Racing.
- MULTIPLAST have vacancies for several positions: a project manager, a team leader, a painter and 5 composite materials technicians; positions are on permanent contracts (for the first) and in fixed-term contracts that can evolve into permanent contracts ; based in Vannes (France).
- The RYA is looking for a Performance Operations Manager ; based in Hamble, Southampton (UK).
- GIANCARLO PEDOTE is looking for an experienced boat-captain for his Imoca project; based in Lorient (France) and to be filled as soon as possible.
- ALEX THOMSON RACING is recruiting a Marketing Account Manager; post based in Gosport (England)
- OUTREMER YACHTING are looking for two engineering interns one in composites or materials and/ or mechanical engineering the other in office studies based in La Grande Motte (France).
- KND SailingPerformance is looking for a full-stack web development intern to help them work on new online performance analysis tools. The internship is to be based in Valencia (Spain) in 2019, last a minimum of 6 months, and could lead to a job offer.
- The GRAND PRIX DE L’ECOLE NAVALE has an internship within its communication department, ideally from February to June inclusive, based in Lanvéoc (France).
- TIP & SHAFT / WORKSHOP: the dates for training seminars delivered by Tip & Shaft (in French) around Paris boat show are finally set:
- AFPA AURAY, Britanny region, employment center and Lorient Grand Large are relaunching their courses in sail boat preparation that will take place in Lorient from December 10, 2018 to April 2, 2019. Apply by November 27.
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- INTO THE WIND, the Tip & Shaft podcast episode 2 is a chat (in French) with Yves Le Blévec. The first, with Charles Caudrelier, had nearly 8,000 plays. Into The Wind is on major podcast platforms: iTunes, SoundClound, Deezer, Spotify.
- SAILING ORGANIZATION GUILLEMOT, the initiative of Marc Guillemot has launched a Mixed Duo selection for La Solitaire du Figaro. They are looking for two young people aged 18 to 30 (a man and a woman) to be sail the two Figaros 3 acquired by SOG who will accompany them for two seasons. The duo will be chosen on November 30 from six candidates already pre selected. Among the partners are Wellness Training and VPLP design who leave the management of a third Figaro 3 to SOG. They will announce the name of the experienced skipper in December.
- BEPEHO, video software publisher for offshore racing, is partnering with Twin Solutions to develop an algorithm to monitor the information recorded by Bepeho to detect unusual things happening on board. The first results of this collaboration will be presented at the Nautic de Paris.
- The J / 99, the new 32-foot Sport boat from J Composites and J / Boats, for short handed sailing will be presented at the Paris boat show.
- NEWPORT (United States) will host the 12-meter World Championship from July 8 to 13, 2019; a record participation of 24 boats is expected.
- LORIENT GRAND LARGE, organiser of Lorient-Bermuda-Lorient, confirmed the postponement of the race following the damages to the Ultime trimarans on the Route du Rhum.
- The FIGARO 3 has won the title of Best Boat 2019 for the American magazine Sail Magazine in the category Best Performance Boat over 30ft.
- MUMM becomes official champaign for the 36th America’s Cup celebrations.
- SPINLOCK‘s Sail-sense multifonctionnal sensor attached to a sail has won a DAME award at the Mets.
[SALES & ACQUISITIONS]
- SUPER BIGOU, The famous Rolland IMOCA ex-La Fabrique, ex of Edouard Golbery, has been chartered for the next two seasons by Pip Hare as part of her campaign for the next Vendée Globe.
- YVAN GRIBOVAL is selling at a very attractive price (€72.000) a structured carbon hull and carbon deck ready to be assembled, moulds and all the tooling required for the sistership to the 52.5-foot Café Joyeux winner of the Rhum Mono class in the Route du Rhum.