- PLASTIMO is looking for an export salesperson with a permanent job based in Lorient.
- MARSAUDON COMPOSITES is looking for an experienced research technician who enjoys sailing; permanent contract based in Lorient.
- CORENTIN OULHEN, who studied for a technical diploma and then a master’s in electronics specialising in onboard systems has just completed six months of training with Gitana Team. He is now looking for a job in the world of ocean racing.
- LAURE FAŸ (Vu Com’) is now available to work on maritime projects in terms of editorial content with special interest in the question of how to preserve the oceans and CSR matters.
ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS
- THE GRAND PRIX GUYADER, scheduled in August (15-23) for the first time has been canceled.
- THE VENDÉE-ARCTIC-LES SABLES D’OLONNE, a qualifying and preparation race Globe, will start on July 4 and it will consist of a triangle of 3 600 miles which will pass through the Arctic Circle, between Greenland and Iceland, and northern Azores.
- THE OCEAN RACE will hold its second Ocean Race Summit this Wednesday taking the form of a virtual workshop live from The Hague. The programme and the list of speakers has been published.
- THE YACHT RACING FORUM has unveiled the programme for its 2020 edition which will take place November 23-24 in Portsmouth. They are looking for a host city for 2021.
- THE GC32 RACING TOUR will finally comprise two events in 2020: the GC32 Lagos Cup (August 26-30) and the GC32 Riva Cup (October 14-18). The GC32 world championships at Villasimius have been postponed to 2021.
- STARK, a leading Finnish building materials chain has become Ari Huusela‘s main partner for the Vendée Globe 2020.
- THE 52 SUPER SERIES VALENCIA SAILING WEEK, which was to have been the fifth 52 Super Series season event (July 18-22) of the season has been canceled. But the TP52 season is not over yet: the world championship will take place in Puerto Portals from September 15th to 19th.
- THE FIRST OFFSHORE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, which was to be raced in the L30 during the Middle Sea Race in October, has been canceled by World Sailing. The Middle Sea Race remains on the calendar.
- THE ETF26 CLASS has revised its program for 2020, with two main events, the Nationals in La Rochelle (10-13 September) and Spi Ouest-France (September 24-27). Note the participation of Billy Besson and John Gimson in the circuit this season from
- KITO DE PAVANT established a first benchmark time in Class40 on the Tartine Cup (19.54 miles), one of the four courses on the Griffes du Lion in the Mediterranean, in 1h20’47 ” (14.5 knots on average).
- OMEGA will be the official timekeeper for the 36th America’s Cup.
- THE ORC/IRC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS, scheduled from September 25th to October 3rd in Newport RI, have been canceled.
- MELGES has just launched the new Melges 15, a double-handed dinghy designed by Reichel / Pugh.
Photo: GC32 Racing Tour