- BEFOIL are looking for a commercial exec for France and international cover a full time job based in Lorient (with travel requirements) needed as soon as possible.
- MMPROCESS are looking for a workshop manager for their high performance composites operation, a position to be filled immediately, based in Saint-Pierre de Quiberon.
- PLASTIMO is looking for an export salesperson with a permanent job based in Lorient.
- MARSAUDON COMPOSITES is looking for an experienced research technician who enjoys sailing; permanent contract based in Lorient.
ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS
- THE COPA DEL REY MAPFRE 2020 has been canceled, the 39th edition will be held in 2021 from July 31 to August 8 in Palma.
- THE CONGRESSIONNAL CUP has been rescheduled to October 13-18 2020 (via EuroSail News).
- THE MIDTOWN CUP 1 (M32 North American Series) in Newport (June 5-7) has been canceled.
- THE FFVOILE announced on Tuesday that the 12 athletes already selected for the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo stand as confirmed despite the postponement by one year of the Games.
- BEST WESTERN have come on board as partners for Romain Attanasio to support his Vendée Globe 2020 and share the co-naming right to the Imoca with Pure who in turn have also increased their participation.
- GAËTAN THOMAS will challenge the round the world Class40 record set in 2013 by Guo Chuan in 137 days. The Belgian skipper will then take part in The Race Around, race around the world in Class40 scheduled for 2023/2024.
- TEAM ROCKWOOL RACING, the new Danish SailGP team have announced that they have taken on a GC32 to augment their sailing programme to continue to train for Season 2 of SailGP delayed now until 2021.
- THE ROUTE HALIFAX SAINT-PIERRE and THE ROUTE SAINT-PIERRE QUÉBEC 2020, planned for June and which were to accommodate several competitors from Québec Saint-Malo, finally have been canceled, the organisers are planning for 2021.
- THE TRANSPAC TAHITI RACE set off Thursday in virtual mode.
- INNOV’SAIL 2020, international conference on innovation in high performance sailboats and sailing cargo vessels, will take place 15 to 17 June in an on line version.
- YVAN AND MATHIS BOURGNON have set a reference time sailing a sports catamaran on the 19,54 miles course for the Tartine Cup (1hr02mn10sec, so 18,86 knots average speed), one of the four Griffes du Lion routes set up by Kito de Pavant.
- THE MR MEN AND LITTLE MISS, characters from books created in 1971 by Roger Hargreaves, will be the branding for Clément Giraud and will decorate the hull of his IMOCA Vers un monde sans sida (which Erik Nigon lent him) on Vendée-Arctique-Les Sables d’Olonne.
- LALOU MULTI on Thursday confirmed the recruitment of Keni Piperol, who they will work with to prepare the Guadeloupean sailor for the Route du Rhum 2022 on a Class40 to be built
- SAILGP launched Winning Calls with Oracle on Thursday, a series of seven virtual debriefs during which teams look back, using images, at circuit events. The first is focused on the victory of Sir Ben Ainslie’s British team in February in Sydney.
Photo: Joysailing / Congressionnal Cup