- LAËTITIA BRIERE is leaving her position as Project Manager at IMOCA La Fabrique Sailing Team as of Friday, November 30th.
- PHIL SHARP, third in the Route du Rhum Destination-Guadeloupe, has won the 2018 Class40 championship based on the year’s results. He finished the season ahead of Aymeric Chappellier and Luke Berry.
- MULTIPLAST have vacancies for several positions: a project manager, a team leader, a painter and 5 composite materials technicians; positions are on permanent contracts (for the first) and in fixed-term contracts that can evolve into permanent contracts ; based in Vannes (France).
- GIANCARLO PEDOTE is looking for an experienced boat-captain for his Imoca project; based in Lorient (France) and to be filled as soon as possible.
- ROYAL THAMES YACHT CLUB is looking for its Sailing Office Events Coordinator; London-based post with travel to Cowes (via Scuttlebutt Europe).
- KND SAILING PERFORMANCE is looking for a full-stack web development intern to help them work on new online performance analysis tools. The internship is to be based in Valencia (Spain) in 2019, last a minimum of 6 months, and could lead to a job offer.
- TIP & SHAFT / WORKSHOP: the dates for training seminars delivered by Tip & Shaft (in French) around Paris boat show are finally set:
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- INTO THE WIND, the Tip & Shaft podcast episode 2 is a chat (in French) with Yves Le Blévec. Into The Wind is on major podcast platforms: iTunes, SoundClound, Deezer, Spotify.
- The round up of the last VOLVO OCEAN RACE was published on Wednesday: it includes, among other things, the fact that 2.5 million visitors came to see the race, there were 3,300 hours of TV broadcast which in turn generated the equivalent of 429 million euros of advertising.
- THOMAS COVILLE (for his record in 2016) and FRANÇOIS GABART, who smashed the reference time a year later, will be awarded the Antoine de Saint Exupéry Trophy on the 8th December at the Nautic boat show in Paris, rewarding the holder of the solo round the world sailing record.
- The ROYAL BERMUDA YACHT CLUB have announced that the 69th edition of the famous Argo Group Gold Cup, match-racing regatta, will take place from May 6 to 11, 2019 with 12 teams invited.
- The ST. MARTEEN HEINEKEN REGATTA will celebrate its 39th edition with a new to two-handed class when it runs from February 28th to March 3rd.
- BANQUE POPULAIRE IX which capsized in the Route du Rhum-Destination Guadeloupe has been towed to Vigo. It will not be rebuilt, the trimaran having been “completely split apart” according to the director of the Banque Populaire Team, Ronan Lucas.
- Lalou Roucayrol’s Multi50 ARKEMA, which also capsized on the Route du Rhum, arrived in Pointe-à-Pitre on Monday after a six-day tow. The trimaran will be surveyed before being partially repaired on site and then transported by cargo ship to France.
- PANERAI announced the end of its partnership with the Classic Yachts Challenge circuit according to Classic Boat. The watch brand will continue to be the title partner of the Panerai British Classic Week.
- RICHARD MILLE will be the title partner of the tenth edition of Les Voiles de St. Barths Richard Mille, which runs from April 14 to 20, 2019.
- LYOPHILISÉ & CO has started work on building two new buildings at the Lorient La Base site (France): the first for their own business and the second, with a surface area of 360 m² on the ground is up for rent to a business linked to sea sports.
[SALES & ACQUISITIONS]
- YVAN GRIBOVAL is selling at a very attractive price (€72.000) a structured carbon hull and carbon deck ready to be assembled, moulds and all the tooling required for the sistership to the 52.5-foot Café Joyeux winner of the Rhum Mono class in the Route du Rhum.